interior trim question

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
John82654
Car: G 37 sedan

My brother has an Infiniti G37X. While he was hurriedly trying to remove an adaptor from the lighter port he put a large bend in the piece of metal trim that goes around the lighter space and the gearshift. It appears I could peel it off and glue a replacement in it's place. Is this something worth trying or even worth attempting? Thanks in advance!

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

I'll simply post my other reply here :)

Not sure as I've never experienced it. If you can't bend it back and you determine it needs to be replaced then I'd suggest looking on ebay for people selling lots of salvaged G parts and query them. I know there were a crap-ton of used parts a year or so ago due to all the hurricane damaged cars in the NW so there were lots of cars being parted out. If you are not sure how to remove the part then I'd suggest going through the FSM on how to do it. I've recently broken out the FSM pages for the G37 on NICO's G37 page: http://www.infinitig37.com/coupe.html

From the link, on the right-hand column you will see FSM links. Simply select your year. Be patient as at times it can be a pain to find what you want in all those manuals. Sux they don't have a full index anymore.

John82654
Car: G 37 sedan

Thanks Matt!

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”