Interior Swap on 05 3.5 SE

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
M3TN3T
Car: 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Hello I am quite new to this forum and I had a question. I recently picked up a SEXY 05 3.5 se dark gray but I despise the interior. It is that hideous sand colored cloth with wood plastic trim. I really want to swap the entire interior to that of the SL's (black interior with black leather). I found a wrecked 05 SL at my local junk yard and since I was wanting to do the roof as well as the carpet and dash (pretty much anything that is not black or gray already will be lol). I was also wondering if I could swap out the steering wheel and if not if anybody knows where I could get a performance cover for the steering wheel that completely covers everything except the controls on the steering wheel. I was curious how to go about performing any of those tasks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I already swapped the console lid cover cuz it was broken and also grabbed the black leather AT shift knob

bobisthere
Car: 2003 Altima 3.5 SE

I've done it, it isn't that hard, just need to have a bit of time on your hands.
Take your time, take pictures and everything will be good.
Don't force on plastic panel. rust could be an issue (it is in canada)if you have a lot of salt.
Good luck!

BTW, i think the roof is beige on all cars. i might be wrong though.

Tonyjimenez78
Car: 2003 Altima SE
2005 Altima SE

I had an 05 SL the roof was grey

lancet913
Car: 1996 240sx se
KA24DET @12psi

I guess i was lucky getting a 05 3.5 se in black on black leather! I bought it in 2008 and have loved it since day one.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”