Interior Sound Insulation/Paint Question

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
LowTekk

I have an 1990 S13 hatch. I just finished getting the black sound insulation material out with dry ice. It worked like a charm, but there is some residue from the insulation in some places.

I'm also looking to paint the entire interior floor and wheel wells. I'm shooting for a flat black finish that's durable. The main idea is to stop any rust and look presentable.

My questions are:-What can I use to get the rest of the residue/little chunks of insulation off? Is there some sort of spray adhesive remover that would do the trick?-What kind of paint should I use? I've seen black "undercoating" paint at the auto parts store, would this work?

Thanks

wynnEZ
Car: 90 240 CA POWA!

I would also like some input on this aswell if anyone will post up some info?

gregfarz78
Car: 04 Honda S2000
97 Nissan Hardbody King Cab 4x4
09 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5L

This thread is a little old but I'll post my results for future reference

1. a paint thinner soaked rag will get the tar residue off, brake cleaner also works.

2. I used duplicolor undercoating its cheap $5/can results are pretty good

CSUPUEBLOTIM
Car: 1992 240sx Sr20det Coupe Silvia Front

Hey gregfarz78, I just got the last of my sound deadening material out this weekend and was planning to do the undercoat stuff as well. I got a question for you though how far up inside did you go with it? Did you do the roof as well, if so do you mind posting some shots of it? I am not planning on running any other interior pieces so I am curious how it looks. Thanks.

meet07
Car: 89 180sx rb25det

it says on the back to paint this on bare metal or primer. Is that what you did gregfarz78???

Return to “Interiors”