interior Light modding??

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
ohhenrygsr
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX

Hey Cube owners does anyone know where i can find a write up on changing the light color on the fan knob. The red is really getting to me Thanks for your help

ESP
Car: 2008 SexyBlack A/C

Might be more difficult than you realize. More and more cars are utilizing surface mount LEDs for interior lighting these days. You've go to have some mad soldering skills and IIRC a special soldering unit in order to change them. That being said, I don't have my cube yet so I can't say for certain whether or not that's the case.

randode

i swapped my gauge cluster LEDs to white the other day. i'm going to do the fan knob, radio, etc soon.

KromCube
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom

Cool! Is it hard? Can you take pics?

randode

i used plcc-2 leds. i also did the hvac, but the knobs are orange plastic, so i'm going to have to cast some clear knobs to let the blue shine thru.

jerryc41
Car: 2009 Cube SL

That's something I'd really like to do - changing the dash lights. I don't like that orange light at all. Can you show us some pictures and tell us the part number of the lights?

randode

jerryc41 wrote:That's something I'd really like to do - changing the dash lights. I don't like that orange light at all. Can you show us some pictures and tell us the part number of the lights?
the stock leds are plcc-4 but i coulndt find plcc-4 that were the correct layout for the solder pads. plcc-2 work perfect. if you want to mail me your gauge cluster i can swap it for a fee.

Return to “Cube Forum”