Interior fuse box

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Kprad12
Car: Infiniti M37

Hi i was hoping to hardwire my radar detector next week and i can't seem to find the interior fuse box. I don't want to use the power source from the mirror because my radar has a mute function on its cigarette lighter dongle so i want a power source near the drivers seat. I am sorry if this has already been answered but i look here online and even in the owners manual and all i could find was the fuse box in the engine. Thanks for the help.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I quickly looked through the FSM and only saw the ones in the engine bay...if you don't see one by the left drive foot then there isn't one there. Regardless, the owners manual won't have the info you need. Use the link in my signature to access the HowTo/FAQ and get to the FSM (factory service manual). That'll have much more info for you.

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

Interior fuse box is located on the drivers side kick panel, near your left foot when seated in the drivers seat. I used a "Fuse Tap" to take power for my DRL modules.

Are you looking to install a female "cigarette" power socket somewhere under the dash? Personally I would deconstruct that cigarette lighter and install the button(s) somewhere else so that it looks stock.

Fuse Tap installed

"Power Socket" Fuse Location

Kprad12

Debonair wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:21 am
Interior fuse box is located on the drivers side kick panel, near your left foot when seated in the drivers seat. I used a "Fuse Tap" to take power for my DRL modules.

Are you looking to install a female "cigarette" power socket somewhere under the dash? Personally I would deconstruct that cigarette lighter and install the button(s) somewhere else so that it looks stock.
Yeah i was looking to install a female power adapter. This is mostly because i just bought my radar detector and i don't feel comfortable disassembling it yet (it was 500 bucks lol). I was going to put it by my right knee so i could reach it easily but now that i think about it my car isn't equipped with lane departure/radar cruise control so i may end up trying to take off the fake buttons and shoving the power adaptor there so i can reach the buttons. Anyways thanks so much would have never found this alone glad i have these forums.

Debonair

Kprad12 wrote:Yeah i was looking to install a female power adapter. This is mostly because i just bought my radar detector and i don't feel comfortable disassembling it yet (it was 500 bucks lol). I was going to put it by my right knee so i could reach it easily but now that i think about it my car isn't equipped with lane departure/radar cruise control so i may end up trying to take off the fake buttons and shoving the power adaptor there so i can reach the buttons. Anyways thanks so much would have never found this alone glad i have these forums.
I don’t have those options either so I pulled them out to try and put my bass knob in there. I found the design very limiting and opted not to install it there. But you may have better luck getting yours to fit in there being that it is a very different design. Take lots of pics. :bigthumb:

Also check THIS out when you have a chance.

Kprad12

Debonair wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:40 pm
Kprad12 wrote:Yeah i was looking to install a female power adapter. This is mostly because i just bought my radar detector and i don't feel comfortable disassembling it yet (it was 500 bucks lol). I was going to put it by my right knee so i could reach it easily but now that i think about it my car isn't equipped with lane departure/radar cruise control so i may end up trying to take off the fake buttons and shoving the power adaptor there so i can reach the buttons. Anyways thanks so much would have never found this alone glad i have these forums.
I don’t have those options either so I pulled them out to try and put my bass knob in there. I found the design very limiting and opted not to install it there. But you may have better luck getting yours to fit in there being that it is a very different design. Take lots of pics. :bigthumb:

Also check THIS out when you have a chance.
one more quick question was there a screw for those button or do i just pop them off tried to get under them with a flathead but didn't seem to work.

Debonair

Kprad12 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:48 pm
one more quick question was there a screw for those button or do i just pop them off tried to get under them with a flathead but didn't seem to work.
-
I think they are held on by a single bolt. Its been a long while though.

EDIT: Here are some switches I found on eBay. You can see what I mean when I say their design was limiting. Also that they do appear to be bolted into place on the car.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”