Interesting bit of news on the 350Z..

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
RedStage
Car: Cars

It seems the US market finally got a leg up on the Japanese.

The US Stock ECU in the 350Z is being saught after by Japanese. I had a friend tell me that a few Japanese are considering buying the new Z and want to know if we can get them the US Spec ECU.

When asked why they said it is tuned for higher horsepower.

Anyone want to look into getting ECU's from Nissan????

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

I'll try and swing by a Nissan dealership today, cause I need to pick up a neutral safety switch. I bet they are REALLY expensive though.

They are tuned for more power, cause Japanese cars are limited to 280hp. I don't think this is too cost effiecent however, being the price of the ECU, then shipping, all for 5 hp.

RedStage

Just picked up the November issue of Option....there are already a load of compaines putting twin turbo's on the Z.

Not sure of numbers, haven't had a chance to skim the article....

jay25
Car: cars

I dont know if you will picking up these ECUs at Regular price or wholesale price. I do have a friend that does graphics and they have an account with Nissan. If you guys cant get them any cheaper then we can go to him and ask how much will the dealer will charge him. I highly doubt any member here can beat the wholesale price.

Daunttless

Red, were the TTs in Japan or here, we want to develop a US kit, I would assume someone is already trying to do it by now...

s14=pimpin'

red, can you scan pics from your option mag? Out here, we can only rent the new ones, have to wait 4 months for them to be old, then they sell em, for alot of cash though. Those magazines are really sweet, wish I could read Japanese!

boMex

I have a friend who can read japanese

RedStage

The twin turbo set ups were here in Japan. Top Secret is planning on a set up right now, but there are already some companies out there. I think $7500 was the price tag on the set up.........

And on the Scans.....sure send me a computer worth a **** that my scanner can work with and I'll take care of it...... ;)

Or send me your address and I could possible send you a few....wife's been *****ing about my stacks anyway.....might send you her instead......

Return to “General Chat”