Interested in an FX35/45/50.

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Motivated
Car: 2004 Saturn Ion Redline. 2004 Chevy Cavalier LS.

So I am new to SUV type vehicles. This would be my first BIG vehicle if you will. I have been doing some research on the platform and have some gray areas. Here are my questions:

1) It appears you could get the FX35 in manual at some point, but I can not confirm this solidly. If so, what year?

2) I really want a red body, with the baseball glove colored interior. Was this option package ever available together and if so could you get it with a manual trans?

3) If the manual trans is available, could you get it in AWD? I would prefer an AWD drivetrain.

4) I like the idea of an FX50, but not the price lol. I have found a few turbo kits and blowers. My last vehicle made nearly 600whp, I would like this one to do the same which I know the engine is perfectly capable of in the FX35, but what about options for the 45?

5) If I could produce 600awhp, would the AWD system, axles, and rear end hold up or are there known issues? If I HAVE to go with an automatic, how strong are they and are there valve upgrades/torque coverters available to accomodate that kind of power?

I don't care about the audio system/naviagtion/bluetooth packages as that is what I do for a living. Are there certain parts that were released for say an 07 model that were a better design than the say 05 model that are interchangable? Such as a lifter in the head or fuel pump pick up or anything? Thanks for all the answers you may have!

-ChrisMotivated Motorsports

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”