Intercooler replacement suggestions?

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
vrenlos
Car: 2012 Nissan 370Z Nismo

Hi all, I'm awaiting delivery of a 2012 Nismo that has a GTM twin turbo kit installed, but has had some front all damage and will need a new intercooler and some plumbing. I've been searching around for options of what to run. The kit is the older Gen1 kit with single large intercooler (that is now missing)

Options that come to mind:
1) Find a unicorn, non-outrageously-priced GTM new old stock. Jason at Inland Speed and Customs is working on a quote for me for exactly this, but not sure what it would run.
2) run the two-channel CXRacing specified "for Nissan" - it's cheap...but also it's cheap.
3) run two smaller ICs with single inlet/outlet in either vertical or horizontal configuration (the newer GTM kit did this).
4)????

Anyone have any input/thoughts?

ca18det_boy

I wouldn't bother trying to find an old core out there. I would just get something new. Depending on what the budget is would determine how far you want to take it. I wouldn't run 2 smaller intercoolers on a Z. If it were a G then you could get away with it due to the bumper design.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

With so many intercoolers available I have a hard time imagining that one is that unique. Just buy one the same dimensions as the one you need to replace,make sure you get as deep of a core as you had before, things will go easier if you find the same inlet outlet size and location. Intercoolers are pretty much universal so long as they are sized appropriately.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”