Intercooler for the S/C Xterra and Frontier?

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
slow3.3
Car: 97 Path, JWT Stg 1 Cams, Flowmaster exhaust, Stillen Intake, Ported & Polished Heads, Nismo Thermost

I want to know if anyone out there makes an intercooler for the s/c xterra or frontier. if anyone could help me in locating one it would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone know where i can pick up some s/c connecting rods and bearings (aside from the dealership.)

NISTECH

Try our dealer sponsors, they offer smokin prices for new parts if you go to them from the links.

slow3.3
Car: 97 Path, JWT Stg 1 Cams, Flowmaster exhaust, Stillen Intake, Ported & Polished Heads, Nismo Thermost

Which dealer would you recommend for the intercooler, i've clicked on all the links and most of the stuff is for the 240sx, 300zx and 350z and not the s/c frontier/xterra.

NISTECH

/sorry I should have specified what parts I was telling you to check the dealer for. The engine internals is what I was talking about. There is no factory intercooler for the trucks. That you gonna have to peice together from a performance sponsor. basically design and build your own intercooler with piping configuration.

slow3.3

well i guess the intercooler will have to wait for awhile but in the meantime i hear that there are headers out there for the s/c frontier? does anyone happen to know the name of a website where i can get these from?

Cholos_D
Car: 95 240

You are going to have a hard time finding an intercooler since the supercharger Nissan uses is a roots type blower sitting directly on top of the intake manifold. There is really no way to add and intercooler like the ones turbo cars use. There are other cars with roots type blowers that use heat exchangers that fit between the intake manifold and the SC. They look like a radiator and use coolant to reduce intake temps. I know I have seen one on a SC'd Tiburon. The company is http://www.alpine-developments.us/ . They made 12 extra horsepower to the wheels with what they call an "aqua-cooler". The only problem might be hood fitment and plumbing the coolant lines.

Kenny D

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”