Intelligent Key

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
bretts
Car: 2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD

I am Brett and I am new to the forum.

I just picked up my new 2006 Murano SL AWD with all the bells and whistles.

This is my second Murano. I just traded in my 2003 coming off lease and got the new one.

We love it but are really struggling eith the concept of the intelligent key.

I would love to hear from anyone who has the intelligent key as to their experience....

Unless I am missing something, you do not need to use the remote or use a key to open the doors or start the engine, but you DO need to use the remote to lock the doors. Seems strange that you would need to find your keys when exiting the vehicle. Is there a way to have the doors automatically lock upon leaving the vehicle or when you are a certain distance away from it?

Comments welcome.

Thanks

murano 2.5
Car: Murano 2.5 Liter

for murano you do need to press the botton to lock or unlock as long as you have the key in your pocket.

bretts
Car: 2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD

Seems a little silly. Why didn't they make an auto lock feature that locks the doors once you leave th eproximity of the vehicle if you don'yt lock it manually???

ikalinin
Car: 2018 Infiniti QX60 Deluxe Tech
2018 Nissan Rogue SL

can
bretts wrote:Seems a little silly. Why didn't they make an auto lock feature that locks the doors once you leave th eproximity of the vehicle if you don'yt lock it manually???
Can't you press the button on the handle when you leave and it locks? w/out taking out the FOB?

redbutter
Car: Nissan Murano

As a woman with a junky purse, I love my intelligent key. I never have to take it out of my purse. I just push the button on the handle to unlock the door when I get in and do the same to lock it when I get out.!

redmo
Car: 2006 Murano

I love leaving it in my purse too and never have to fumble for the keys. It is a great feature. My question is what do you do if you leave the remote in the car and hit the button on the door when leaving? Can someone steal your car then? Can you hit the button on the door to reopen easily or will it not allow you to reopen if the remote is inside the car?

I have been meaning to play around with it just in case I do that, but just wondered if anyone knew.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Dunno. You can always test it. Just make sure you have another way in.

Welcome to NICO. How's Suwanee doing? I lived in Arbour Trace off L'vill/Suwanee rd for quite a while.

redmo
Car: 2006 Murano

Yes, I just keep forgetting to test and when I remember, I don't have the other remote with me. I will try it this wk/end if I remember.

Suwanee is busting at the seams and you wouldn't recognize L-ville-Suwanee Rd as it is turning into another Roswell Rd with all the commercial construction. But hey, it helps the real estate to continue to rise.

davidmw78
Car: 2006 MO Silver/Black

If you leave your Int. Key in your MO normally it will give the error beep when you attempt to lock it, but i believe if you have both keys at the MO it it won't always warn you, I have left it in the back, locked the door and walked away which makes stealing an MO easy for a crook.

redbutter
Car: Nissan Murano

I've left my key in the cell phone holder before when I got out of the car. When I pushed the button on the handle to lock it, I got a lot of beeping to let me know that something was wrong. That's when I remember that I left it in the car. The door didn't lock.

spdrca
Car: Nissan (work cars)

Hi Brett

Have taken it back to your dealer to ask about the key?

simplyryan
Car: 1995 Pathfinder SE V6 and 2006 Murano SL AWD

The intelligent key is pretty intuitive. You dont have to use the remote to lock the doors, you can just press the button on the outside door handle as you leave. And as unlocking it goes, in the setup menu you can decide whether you want just the driver's door to unlock or all doors to unlock with the first press of the door handle button - of course if you select "just the driver's door" pressing the button a second time unlocks all doors. Also, if you leave the fob in the car it will not lock your keys in the car. And, if you have both fobs in the car (e.g. one on each person) the Murano will link with the one the driver is using, so it is possible to lock a fob in the car as long as the fob that the car linked with is on the outside of the car. That might sound confusing, but the bottom line is: you can't lock your keys in the car.

When it comes to the intelligent key, remember this: it is a well thought out, intuitive system. Nissan wouldn't have spent so much R&D and money into developing and implimenting it if it was going to have silly quirks. So, chances are, if you think it should work a certain way, it probably already does.

Return to “Murano Forum”