Intelligent Key's AUTO Windows Down: Do you Use it?

All things Altima Coupe.
bembol
Car: 2015 Murano SL AWD, Cashmere Interior.

Just curious if any use the Intelligent Key's Auto Windows Down feature by Holding Down the Unlock Button for 10 seconds.

I do even during Winter, when it's nice out and not snowing The weather is nice up here and been using it lately. This should be useful especially when you car is sitting in the parking lot during Summer temperatures.

tuffmag
Car: 2008 Winter Frost, Altima coupe 3.5SE CVT, Premium, Technology Package

wow, thanks for the input. did not know that option was there. Will give it a try today...

wonder if there are other little neat items that could be posted, or someone make a thread with that information.

Frozer!!!
Car: '90 Camaro RS, '08 A/C SE

I did it once just to show off but it hasnt been warm enough yet to take advantage of it...*sigh*

SHIFT_COUPE
Car: 2014 Infiniti Q50 AWD

I used it the other day in my driveway to air out my car from inside I don't use it often thats for sure.

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Only use it when it is thunder storming outside

mazda2005
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 BLACK

It didnt work on mine, do you think i nwould need something reset?

sc_coupe
Car: 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT

I have used it a few times to air out or cool my car... it is a cool feature, definately gets looks from bystanders. It also is a good thing just to show off to friends (kinda catches them off guard). (people love those kinda features)

johnny_d
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe V6 SE w/ CVT

used it once, by accident .....it was in my pocket and got pressed by the keys

LP - AC23

mazda2005 wrote:It didnt work on mine, do you think i nwould need something reset?
Did you hit unlock twice and then held down the unlock button?

Scott21384
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S - Super Black

I found out that i had the feature by accident. I woke up one morning and my windows were both down, freaked me out. then i remembered my buddies G35 did that. I never use my keys though i only use the button on the door. I guess i am to lazy to reach in my pocket!!

sc_coupe
Car: 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT

so true about never using my keys anymore... when all the girls are digging through their purses and stuff to find their keys, I jokingly ask them "who needs keys anymore?" and press the door button and get in. lol. (they love it tho- adds to the effect on females)

maxentropy
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

I use the auto-down all the time and love it! Really turns heads...

What we really need is an auto-up feature on the keyfob too...

desertdragon
Car: 2008 Altima coupe 3.5 SE with CVT Winter Frost

maxentropy wrote:What we really need is an auto-up feature on the keyfob too...
They don't put this feature on because of safety reasons.

altimacoupelvr
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5S Code Red/ Blonde Interior w/ Convenience Pkg.

i use it every day when i come outta the gym. unless of course its gross outside. but yeah i love it cause then when i get in its already cooled off! to the person who said they didn't know about it, your car salesman didnt tell you about it???

rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

altimacoupelvr wrote:i use it every day when i come outta the gym. unless of course its gross outside. but yeah i love it cause then when i get in its already cooled off! to the person who said they didn't know about it, your car salesman didnt tell you about it???
forget about the salesman.. IT'S IN THE MANUAL!

But seriously, I don't use that function at all. If my car needs cooling, the remote start turns the air conditioning on also, so my car is already 72 degrees when I get in it!

maxentropy

desertdragon wrote:They don't put this feature on because of safety reasons.
But but but...

I wanna decapitate idiot friends that enjoy sticking their entire heads out my windows to pant like dogs... and accidently while the keyfob is in my pocket!

cuzzbubba420
Car: 08 Altima 2.5 S w/ CVT

Well, tried to use the auto feature but didn't work. Is that only with the premium package?

Sarcanglk
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 Coupe

My first time i did it was by accident. I just got my windows tinted and by accident while i was smoking my elbow was on the unlock which had the windows go down halfway... Unfortunately I had to get my tints again

altimacoupelvr
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5S Code Red/ Blonde Interior w/ Convenience Pkg.

rjdmmfl1 wrote:
forget about the salesman.. IT'S IN THE MANUAL!
i was talking about before you buy it!!! unless you sit there and read every manual before you buy the car its kinda nice that the sales man will tell you when you are looking at the vehicle the cool features of it.

leifab
Car: 2011 370z Touring sport

cuzzbubba420 wrote:Well, tried to use the auto feature but didn't work. Is that only with the premium package?
negative....i have the base model and it works great for me. Although...i've never been able to make it work while sitting in the car, only when away from it. Hit the unlock button to unlock the car, then hit it again and hold it down....keep holding it till the windows start rolling down. The windows will stop as soon as you let go of the unlock button.

rcboy514
Car: 2013 VW Golf TDI 4dr 6-speed
2008 A/C 3.5 CVT (sold)
2004 BMW 545i V8 >:-)
1991 BMW 535i I-6

when I was inside I accidentally hit that button while my car was in the garage and during the night my cat got in. lol

principito
Car: Nissan Altima Coupe

hmmmm remote start??????? does it come in a special package????

here we only have ONE version of the A/C.... ctv 3.5 with the bose audio, aux, leather seats, etc etc, but there's nowhere i can find remote start, well, i cant find the auto-down feature either.....

any knowledge on this anybody?

notaverage
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5 SE w/ tech pkg and VDC. Precision Grey

Remote start is not an option on A/C, its an aftermarket add-on

rjdmmfl1

notaverage wrote:Remote start is not an option on A/C, its an aftermarket add-on
well, actually while I do have an aftermarket add on, you can get the remote start from your dealer as an additional item, but I think its like $500... they program your key fob and you can remote start your car... straight from the dealer!

notaverage

Yeah, but I was answering his question "if the remote start comes in a special package", which it doesn't, you'd have to do an aftermarket, like you did, or go to the dealer, which technically is still an aftermarket, imo.

maxentropy

notaverage wrote:Yeah, but I was answering his question "if the remote start comes in a special package", which it doesn't, you'd have to do an aftermarket, like you did, or go to the dealer, which technically is still an aftermarket, imo.
Aye, still aftermarket as it is not an option when purchasing the car.

All the dealerships near me and even custom car audio places do not know how (some even said it's not possible) to program my factory keyfob with remote start. Sad really.

rjdmmfl1

Unless you live in nowhere USA, most Nissan dealerships should know how to do it. And it IS an option to get this installed on your vehicle before you even pick it up from the dealership, at least it is here in San Diego...

So no, its not part of a package, but you can still have it done when you buy your car before you pick it up... that's not really aftermarket! Lack of knowledge about something doesn't mean it isn't the truth!

NissNEZ08
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE (Premium Pkg, Tech Pkg, VDC, CVT & Blk Leather)

HAHA! I did the same thing in finding out it had this feature by accicent. But I use it all the time now. Especially here in Arizona and the heat!

The feature was called "Window Valet" when I had my C5. But the C5 rolls back up too.

Tanya

notaverage

By your definition doc, that would mean l33th41 got a stock coupe with his stillen body kit.

His body kit came from installed from the dealer (originally bought from stillen). Just because he picked up the coupe with the kit already on it, doesn't mean its not aftermarket.

I guess the real miscommunication here is, what we define as "aftermarket". In my opinion, anything that cannot be added on from the nissan website as an accessory or option (build and price section) is aftermarket to me.

maxentropy

I agree with notaverage.

However, to clarify it is pretty stupid that the dealers-- including aftermarket audio/video shops near me don't think it's even possible to do this... ridiculous even.

Anyway, getting off topic here, but I love the windows down feature-- will be using it all week since its so damn nice out here!!

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”