Intelligent Key Problem Please Help

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
olp0a6
Car: NISSAN ALTIMA 2007

I am having a problem with my Intelligent Key. When I stand by the car with the key fob on me, the doors will unlock, the alarm will set, and the trunk will open. However, the actual buttons on the key fob will not work. In other words, if I walk a way from the car and try to set the alarm, press the panic button, or try to open the trunk with the key fob--none of these features work. I have tried putting in a new battery and that has not helped the problem. So basically the key is only partially functional. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Nothing has happened to the key that I know of. Is this something I can take to the dealer/covered by the general warranty? It's the 2007 Altima. What should I do?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Giving_IN
Car: 2008 Altima Sedan 2.5S

It sounds like the chip is reading but the rest of the fob isn't. Definitely a warranty issue. Take it in to your service writer and explain the situation, if he/she gives you any issues talk to the manager. Nissan should cover that on warranty as long as you're still in your 36k bumper to bumper.

scrutmonkey
Car: 08 Altima Hybrid

you probably just need to get the FOB reprogrammed, should fix the malfunction.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”