Intelligent Key or Ignition Switch?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
bryanski
Car: Nissan Versa 2007yr

When I put the key in the ignition switch and try to start the car the Intelligent key light comes on in the dash and the car cranks but doesn't start. When I put the car in neutral and try to start the car it starts and the Intelligent key light doesn't come on. I'm not sure if something is wrong with my key or the ignition switch. Please help me if you know what is wrong. This has been happening for about 3 weeks now and I'm not sure what is needing to be replaced.

Tacuvito
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL

Do you have a keyless start system or a standard key ignition switch with a FOB? Well, here is a video link, hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30TBRP1Mn5w

bryanski

I have a standard key ignition with a FOB. But I'm not sure if there is a problem with my key or ignition switch.

Tacuvito
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL

did you follow the instructions in the video link?

bryanski

I have not bought a new key in case it isn't the key. I don't want to buy a new key and then waste that money on a key if I have to get the whole ignition switch replaced then the key won't work in it. I'm still trying to figure out if I need to get a new key or replace the ignition switch. So I don't want to buy a new key if it isn't the problem.

Return to “Versa General Chat”