Intelligent Key Issues

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Gwith40
Car: 2006 G35 Coupe

Hi All;

Newbie to site just purchased 2006 G35 Coupe.

Both intelligent key are inoperative. The vehicle must be started with a manual key. PO says the issue started about 1 year ago. I took the car to a Nissan dealer who checked it with a Consult II. Dealer recommends buying two new intelligent key fobs and reprogramming them. Dealer also says the diagnostic equipment can communicate with the receiver. My question is whether anyone has experienced this issue before and whether it is likely that two fobs would fail simultaneously.

Thanks,

P.S. A search of the forum yielded no answers...

13_SkylineSedan
Car: 2x 2013 G37 sedan 2WD-7AT (his and hers)

Is there any communication at all between fobs and car? Can you unlock doors or open trunk using the i-key's buttons, or open anything using the car's door / trunk buttons? If not, and the fob batteries are good, and if the fobs are original model year equipment, you should be able to "re-register" them - program the car to communicate with them. Do you know if the dealer tried that? Don't know why you would need to buy new ones.

Is everything else on the car working? (I've never been able to figure out how to post an image on this forum so) here is a list of all the fuses involved with the iKey system:

In the "J/B" box is near driver's left knee:
#1, #6, #18, #19, #20 (all 10AMP)

And in the IPDM is behind your battery:
#71 (10AMP) and #78 (15AMP)

It's possible (though less likely) that your car has black box issues and just can't receive radio signals for whatever reason. I suggest going through the fuses first, then looking into reprogramming the car to "add" your fobs.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Gwith40 wrote:Hi All;

Newbie to site just purchased 2006 G35 Coupe.

Both intelligent key are inoperative. The vehicle must be started with a manual key. PO says the issue started about 1 year ago. I took the car to a Nissan dealer who checked it with a Consult II. Dealer recommends buying two new intelligent key fobs and reprogramming them. Dealer also says the diagnostic equipment can communicate with the receiver. My question is whether anyone has experienced this issue before and whether it is likely that two fobs would fail simultaneously.

Thanks,

P.S. A search of the forum yielded no answers...
Did you try replacing the batteries in both FOB's?

I just had to replace the battery in my G37S FOB after 4 1/2 years

Telcoman

Gwith40
Car: 2006 G35 Coupe

Thanks for the replies. I solved the issue by replacing the batteries in the FOB. Dumbass dealer said he tried replacing battery and couldn't get it to work. After reading the replies, I decided to start with new batteries and lo and behold she worked!

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Awesome! Sometimes it's the simple things. I just bought a foreclosed house with 5 recessed lights in a vaulted ceiling in the kitchen, and none of them worked. I started taking off switch plate covers, thinking about how I was going to get to that part of the attic to figure out a really weird electrical problem on a house that's only 5 years old. Fortunately I came to my senses and checked the light bulbs. All five were burnt out... guess they didn't have a ladder. :facepalm:

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Q451990 wrote:Awesome! Sometimes it's the simple things. I just bought a foreclosed house with 5 recessed lights in a vaulted ceiling in the kitchen, and none of them worked. I started taking off switch plate covers, thinking about how I was going to get to that part of the attic to figure out a really weird electrical problem on a house that's only 5 years old. Fortunately I came to my senses and checked the light bulbs. All five were burnt out... guess they didn't have a ladder. :facepalm:
Why bother replacing bulbs when you can just stop paying the mortgage.
Makes sense to some

Telcoman

TurboRev
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2015 Infinti Q50

Gwith40 wrote:Thanks for the replies. I solved the issue by replacing the batteries in the FOB. Dumbass dealer said he tried replacing battery and couldn't get it to work. After reading the replies, I decided to start with new batteries and lo and behold she worked!
Good to know that you resolved your issue with a simple fix. Thankfully it wasn't a big costly issue.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”