Intelligent Cruise Problem

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
Vegas QX
Car: 2004 QX-56

I am having an issue with the intelligent cruise on my QX . The regular cruise works fine (hold the button for more than a second) but when I try to activate the intelligent cruise, I get the audible alarm and the whole cruise system shuts down until I restart the vehicle. Is this a common problem, radar alignment, or is it more serious? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, VQX

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Vegas QX wrote:I am having an issue with the intelligent cruise on my QX . The regular cruise works fine (hold the button for more than a second) but when I try to activate the intelligent cruise, I get the audible alarm and the whole cruise system shuts down until I restart the vehicle. Is this a common problem, radar alignment, or is it more serious? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, VQX
First off, WELCOME TO NICOclub! Glad to have you as a new member. Try cleaning the I-Cruise box located in your lower front grille area. It is a black box that has nothing obstructing it. Make sure there is nothing on it (such as dirt, grime, a bird, or God only knows what!) Let me know what you find!

Vegas QX

Timmbo

I did that; no difference. I just do not want to have to take it to the dealer, they are always a rip-off. Is there any connection with the navigation or convenience set up that I may have inadvertently screwed up? I really do appreciate the tips and if you know of any thing else, I would appreciate that too.

Thanks-VQX

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

No, I really can't think of anything else.

Vegas QX

THanks just the same Timmbo, I appreciate the help.

sswiss3000
Car: 2008 Infiniti QX56 4WD

I know this is a very old thread, but maybe someone stumbles on it with a similar issue. The first thing I would do is read out the cruise control error codes form the system. This can be done as follows:

1. Turn on ignition and wait 5 seconds
2. Rapidly push up on the accelerator button for the cruise control 5 times
3. Rapidly push down on the decelerator button for the cruise control 5 times

Now the codes will be displayed on the center DIC. You can check those codes against the descriptions in the below document

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/AUTOMO ... 56/acs.pdf

You can then also delete all codes by simply clicking the Cruise Control Cancel button 5 times in rapid succession.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”