Intelli Key - dealership cannot code

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
place_desjardins
Car: Nissan Cube

So, I have a second key fob that I want to get coded. Bought it from the dealership. I got the emergency key cut but didn't have time to get the key coded.
Later on, I bring my two key fobs (one that works and the other doesn't) to the dealership.
They try to code it. Mechanic has a device hooked up into the CEL code reader port. Then, he has a laptop where he enters a password but it can't get by that step.
Now, I still have my one key fob that works and the new one doesn't. I don't get charged since the service asked for wasn't performed.
Has anyone else experienced this? What would have caused that?

rogue9
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S

The chip in the second key fob could possibly be defective. Maybe it won't energize when its in range. It typically does not use the remote battery but you could also check/replace the battery as well (if you haven't done that already.)

What year is your Nissan (Cube I assume based on your profile)? You may be able to self-diagnose using the factory service manuals on this website.

place_desjardins
Car: Nissan Cube

rogue9 wrote:The chip in the second key fob could possibly be defective. Maybe it won't energize when its in range. It typically does not use the remote battery but you could also check/replace the battery as well (if you haven't done that already.)

What year is your Nissan (Cube I assume based on your profile)? You may be able to self-diagnose using the factory service manuals on this website.
The technician couldn't log in to even get to the step where he would reprogram the key fobs.

Return to “Cube Forum”