Intake Sensor Modification

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
InfiniteX
Car: cars

I found this on ebay...a chip that boost your HP up by 20 and it only cost 7$ ....is anyone using it???any comments?

INTAKE SENSOR MODIFICATION

This is a modification to your Intake Air Temperature sensor that will let your engine breath cooler air and increase the amount of fuel that enters your engine. The increased air/fuel ratio that you recieve will bump up your horsepower significantly over stock cars with a resistor chip. Not only will you feel better acceleration and torque you will feel this through the entire RPM band.

Same Function as ECU Upgrades and Performance Chips Like the Jet V-Chip!

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

While I havent looked at the site yet I can almost certainly tell you it wont work as advertised friend.

But there are real chips out there.I dont know if one is out for your year and engine (QX4/Pathfinder), execute a search for Jim Wolfe technologies (aka JWT), or go directly to the Stillen site (one of the larger Nissan/Infiniti mod merchants).

Fred...:)

InfiniteX

palmerwmd wrote:While I havent looked at the site yet I can almost certainly tell you it wont work as advertised friend.

yeah..that's what I thought....~~geeez....it better not work...I just spend $250 on a stillen intake for a 5 HP boost~~ if this thing cost so little abd boost so much..I am gonna kill myself....

is there a website for JWT?

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I would think so, but all JWT products are to my knowledge also available thru Stillen.Also the NICO store (which is currently getting ready to re-open) has sold a few Jwt chips to NICO members.

We have a member somewhere that joined Stillen just a few months after joining our site.

I think his screenname is Nosser or some such.I would give Stillen a call and ask them if there is a chip out for your vehicle (keeping in mind that once you have the chip in you have to take extra care to only put premium into the car, as a chip will always take out at least some of the safety reserve built in by the factory,---this info is from our Guru Q45tech)Or wait for the NICO store to re-open and buy from one of your own (if indeed they make a chip for you which is uncertain)

Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

InfiniteX

I am not that interested in it..just wondering about the product that's all...but thanx for all the info..:D 1 more question~~(totally not related)My friend gave me these Xenon signal bulbs for a Pathfinder 01.....will that fit my QX4 01?

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

InfiniteX wrote:I am not that interested in it..just wondering about the product that's all...but thanx for all the info..:D 1 more question~~(totally not related)My friend gave me these Xenon signal bulbs for a Pathfinder 01.....will that fit my QX4 01?

probably.

MaineExport
Car: Quad racing, import cars and Trucks. Hunting, fishing whatever.

InfiniteX wrote:I found this on ebay...a chip that boost your HP up by 20 and it only cost 7$ ....is anyone using it???any comments?

INTAKE SENSOR MODIFICATION

This is a modification to your Intake Air Temperature sensor that will let your engine breath cooler air and increase the amount of fuel that enters your engine. The increased air/fuel ratio that you recieve will bump up your horsepower significantly over stock cars with a resistor chip. Not only will you feel better acceleration and torque you will feel this through the entire RPM band.

Same Function as ECU Upgrades and Performance Chips Like the Jet V-Chip!

This "chip" been discussed and debated to great length on the 240sx section of the NICO forums. It is a 3.3k ohm resistor that you put in place of your IAT sensor. It sets the signal to the ECU, at a constant 3.3k ohms, which is basically telling the ECU that the engine is being fed extremely cold air. BUT..... it has been said that this won't affect performance, because the IAT is for diagnostic purposes, and does not directly affect engine systems. Several of us have gone to Radio shack and tried this 30 cent modification. Personally, I have seen NO obvious results. There is, perhaps, a slight improvement in throttle response... but it's so small that it could be just in my head.

Return to “General Chat”