intake manifold issues

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Datzbruh
Car: 1982 Datsun 720 KC

Hello all, new to this site. Hopefully I can find some help with my issues. I went to replace the intake manifold gasket on my 2.2l, buttoned everything up, filled her up with coolant and started the car up. Sounded like a whining sound coming from the engine. Check the oil level and see I have nothing but coolant in the oil!! Drain the oil and sure enough, coolant. Seems like the coolant ran right into the engine as I poured it into the radiator. is it a gasket? Or can it be the chip marks around the intake manifold that I have noticed? Am I going to have to take the intake manifold to a shop?

Eddie92
Car: 1984 Nissan 720

Could be a Gasket on the intake. Im not too sure if the 2.2 is the same as 2.4 in terms of the intake. However my 2.4L has another set of holes inder the intake ones where coolant runs through them. I have had once that the gasket was not placed correctly and the coolant went through the intake inlets on the manifold, thus mixing with the oil.

Return to “Datsun 720”