Intake & Exhaust Dyno - Real Experiences

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
1125Altima3.5

Wondering if anyone has dyno figures for HP improvement using a Stillen catback and an AEM Intake on the 4th gen 3.5Altima (sedan)

I've looked around but the best I can find is ~10hp for the Intake (K&N) and ~2 for the catback (stillen). If anyone has dyno figures for a similar combination (cold air tube + short ram for the intake and a stillen catback), would definitely appreciate it!

1125Altima3.5

Nevermind - I searched on another forum and saw a guy getting 252 WHP with that config (minus the resonator) vs ~230 stock.

22 WHP from an intake and exhaust? Sounds high but I'll take it...

mcheddadi
Car: R8

1125Altima3.5 wrote:Nevermind - I searched on another forum and saw a guy getting 252 WHP with that config (minus the resonator) vs ~230 stock.

22 WHP from an intake and exhaust? Sounds high but I'll take it...
lol, I got 37hp gain just from my injen intake

1125Altima3.5

Hey all - just got back from the install of the Stillen catback and AEM "CAI". Also threw in the stillen underdrive pulley/belt (right now they have a deal where you get $25 Stillen bucks for each $125 real bucks you spend).

Overall impressions are mixed - I like the sound of the exhaust (nice and deep but not obnoxious) , and the car is now a beast at highway speeds, but the loss of low-end torque is definitely noticeable. I'd say that my combination hits max performance around 5000rpm. (Yes I know that's around when the second air intakes open up.)

Not sure how much of the low-end torque loss is due to the exhaust, and how much is due to the intake, but it's not so important. I think I'll keep the set up and just get used to the new feel at low speeds (banging my head at how long it takes to pull out of the driveway and hit the interstate.)

Gene-E
Car: Altima 08

I would post my increased performance, but the fujita intake i ordered 3 months ago is still backordered.

Good news is, it can't possibly be much longer

rich2342
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Good luck dude,

Nobody over here is interested in whp gains b/c nobody dyno's there cars here unfortunately..

I may be dynoing mine soon as im pretty much done performance modding since the Y-pipe.

I'll post em up.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”