Intake Comparison

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
CreativeDesignz
Car: 2015 Q50s

Well being that I've owned all now 3 different intakes for the Q I want to do a small review of each one. It's amazing the differences between the Stillen, Z1 Tubes w/ K&N filters, and the Takeda's

1. Stillen Gen 2 - this intake is LOUD...the loudest of all three that was on the car. I believe this is due to the heat shield design they use which covers only the top and sides of the filter...the entire bottom is exposed to the hot engine bay. On cool nights this intake was great but once it gets hot out and the VQ gets heat soaked she turns into a dog. Looks great, fit and finish was great, sounds amazing, but lacks low end TQ. the price point at almost $500 is a bit steep, especially that you don't get a system with segregated air filters. Also the instructions...horrible.

2. Z1 Tubes w/KN Filters - Switching from the stillen to this was very refreshing. I could hear my exhaust better which was nice and I gained back that low end that I was missing. During the hot days it was great, traffic didnt seem to affect the performance either. Looks better than stock, sounds a tad louder and is a great bang for your buck mod. The only thing I noticed was in the mid/upper ranges I think there is a slight bottle next somewhere in this system.
Also I would like to add you need to get a couple hose 45 degree vaccum line connectors and some 5/8" hose from the auto parts store to make these work properly. My OEM PCV hoses did not reach or fit with these units. IDK if its because I modified them for my Stillen or if this is how they are for everyone. I also disliked that they didnt come with any hose clamps! Z1 should update their site to reflect this or offer it as a "add on" item

3. Takeda - Was extremely happy with the quality of this kit. From the finish to the way things fit its 100% in my book. Came with high quality clamps and couplers. I got it for $375 via "best price" option on ebay and received my package no less than 16 hours later. While not as loud as the Stillen it still packs a great sound...more refined than the stillen but back to pulling just as hard if not more. In comparison to all three intakes this one was right in the middle as far as being loud. Which I welcome! Its a great happy medium between the Stillen and Z1's.

For the price point this kit takes the cake. The Takeda airbox connected to the OEM box perfectly, no gaps, no holes, nothing. If you are not going with 3" intakes this is hands down the best intake system for our cars.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. Currently there are 2 people who are making test kits this week with 3" intakes. Once they are produced I will be installing them with the remainder of my breathing mods (Z1 Plenum, Z1 Lower Mani, 70MM APS Throttle Bodies, and retune) Ill keep you guys posted of the progress and will post vids/dynos when shes all buttoned up.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Wonderful write up. Now I know which system to rock when it comes time. I'm still on the wheels and tires part of my build. Haha

Q60_IPL_88
Car: Q60 IPL

I have a Q60 IPL I used the takeda intakes on it. I was wondering why you have the stock boxes at the end instead of the filters?

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Nice write up. I've not tried any of those as I've been a fan of the R2C at this point. The only other intake I've had before was an Injen on my Max and upon reflection it didn't do s***.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”