Insurance

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Gemmer
Car: 1964 Datsun PU 320

It's road ready so I'm re-registering my 320 tomorrow. Do you just use your regular auto insurance company or do any of you use Hagerty or J.C. Taylor ? Any suggestions? Reasons?
Thanks
Gemmer

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

I rock Hagerty for my older cars. Very reasonable pricing, excellent coverage, a superior towing plan to even AAA. They're fair on the mileage, too.

Li'l Truckie
Car: 3 x '65 PL 320
1 x '64 PL 320
1 x '63 PL 320
1 x '62 PL 320 - parts :(
1 x '60 PLG-222
and many more Datsuns from 48hp to over 500hp

Gemmer,

I have American Classic Car Insurance out to North Carolina and have had no issues. Some thing to think about for classic car insurance.

-More than likely they will insure your 320 for a dollar amount.
-You might have to provide pics for your insurance. Take lots of them! Light lens, glass, engine compartment, dash, interior, chrome, etc, etc........
-Careful on hauling things in your truck - ACCI does not allow this with their insurance.
-Mileage, sure, mines at 7500 per year, per truckie. I'll never come close to this even if you add them all up.
-Age and Experience. ACCI limit is on driving experience - 10 years or more or no keys.
-State Tag. Again watch this. The KS classic car tag does not allow you to haul things in the bed. This is violation and you can/will get a ticket. Yes, the local finest know this (the lady at the court house actually called over to the "Justice Center" and quizzed them on this when I tagged my '64, she was surprised too), though I have not heard of anyone getting a ticket for a cooler and a couple of chairs in the back as they drive to the local car show/event.
-All told my insurance is less than $200 a year for 5 x 320s. So I'm not complaining.

Andy

Gemmer
Car: 1964 Datsun PU 320

Thank you both for your reply's. Went with Hagerty since I have used them in the past(10 years ago). Pretty easy doing it online.

Return to “Datsun 320”