Instrument cluster, pod gauges, and reverse light don't work "key symbol" is on too

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Djvalerio921

Hello, I've googled and searched through many pages of Google and found nothing. I tried to make a membership on the 370z but it's taking a while for me to join, so I can't ask what I need to ask on a specific thread, so I'm coming here lol.

So my problem is that I put LED reverse light and the ijdm toy fog light/reverse light and I had T tapped it into the tail light and everything worked fine for a day a day. The day after I drove my car no problems, then a few hours later I started up my car and I heard a whistling sound coming from somewhere under the hood, so I let the car warm up and then turn it off, I then turned it back on and reversed, after I had reversed the car the clusters completely went out, but the car was still running so I drove it home to be safe. The day after which is today I had noticed the key light is on, and when I drove the car home my car started to bogg down and died. Had to jump it and drive it home. Just as I got home it died again. I ripped out the fog light and checked the "meter" fuses under the dash, seemed fine but I replaced both of them anyways. Cluster and reverse still won't turn on but radio and everything else still works

I wanna see if you guys can help before i take it to the dealer. Purchased the car a month ago and only have 500 miles on it. Don't wanna pay a $500 deductible if it's a $10 fix. I'd really appreciate if you guys could help. Thanks

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

With all your alert/warning lights you should run a check for codes, you might not get any codes back but it never hurts to try. Electrical problems can he notoriously hard to track down, might as well let the car help you out as much as it can.

What year is your Z?

Djvalerio921

BusyBadger wrote:With all your alert/warning lights you should run a check for codes, you might not get any codes back but it never hurts to try. Electrical problems can he notoriously hard to track down, might as well let the car help you out as much as it can.

What year is your Z?

The cluster actually doesn't work. But I managed to fix it. I was literally pulling the wrong fuse because the diagram is kind of weird. Thanks tho!

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

So, sounds like it's all good now.

Pulling the wrong fuse is a small and easy mistake to make. I once disassembled a door panel to switch out the passenger window motor only to realize the window wasn't working because I'd unknowingly depressed the window lock switch on the driver's side control panel! :gapteeth:

Welcome to NICO! :badger

Djvalerio921

BusyBadger wrote:So, sounds like it's all good now.

Pulling the wrong fuse is a small and easy mistake to make. I once disassembled a door panel to switch out the passenger window motor only to realize the window wasn't working because I'd unknowingly depressed the window lock switch on the driver's side control panel! :gapteeth:

Welcome to NICO! :badger

Oh s***. yea man I literally changed 4 or so of the 10a fuses only to realize I pulled all the wrong ones and didn't even change the blown one. But I gotta charge the battery now and hopefully it'll all go back to normal. I guess the alternator is parallel with the cluster, so if cluster is off then the alternator is off which caused my car to die while driving

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”