INSTRMENT CLUSTER

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
tela2020
Car: 2005 Infiniti QX56

Hello Everyone,

I have an '05 QX56 and I need to replace the instrument cluster. I want to do it myself, has anyone
ever replaced theirs? If so, can you tell me how to do it. Greatly appreciated :yesnod

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Welcome to NICO! That sounds like quite the project. I'm not all too well versed in your vehicle, but can offer an option for you.
Here at NICO, we have Factory Service Manuals available free to members. Take a peek at the link in my signature and find the FSM for your car and you'll have all the info you'll ever need to make the swap. It'll also come in handy later for repairs and trying to diagnose it for yourself in addition to the help the members can offer here.

marctronixx

its not difficult to do if you are handy with reading the manual.

i will ASSume you are using a factory cluster/OEM

some things to note:

you need to have the mileage programmed into the cluster. the dealer can do this but they may give you some flack so be prepared.

make sure the cluster , if an oem, has come off a previous model (i will also ASSume its used/salvage) with the same specs/trim options as the car its going on, or you will get DTC errors off the canbus

the clips to hold it in place are fragile so be careful

Charle6p7
Car: Infiniti QX56

it's not hard at all, there is a video on youtube, it has a guy removing a 2007 instrument panel. the video is 2 minutes and 30 seconds. It took me about 10 minutes this morning to remove mine. I sent it to one of the companies that rebuild or refurbish them.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”