Installing Philips LED Daytime Running Lights on FX35

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
DZRhino
Car: 2010 FX35

Philips 12824WLEDX1 DayLight 8 High Powered Luxeon LED Daytime Running Light.
Got the kit from Amazon and it has everything you really need and the instructions are very clear, with a minor exception.

Installed them on my 2010 Infiniti FX35. Had a hard time figuring out how to mount them, and then had a brain flash. I bought some 2" aluminum solid angle stock (like National Mfg. N342360 Aluminum Solid Angle and cut piece the same length as the mounting brackets you can see in the picture of the kit. Mounted the brackets on the L facing under the top part (can't figure out how to say that clearly, will take some pictures). Make sure you drill a hole large enough for the wire to go through in the center of the bracket. drilled pilot holes for the mounting using #14 License Plate Screws. Positioned the bracket in the air vents on either side of the license plate and put the screws in at the junction of the internal bumper and the black cushion material. It is strong enough to hold the lights, yet you don't have to drill into body metal to do it. The 2" hang down was perfect and the lights are both well protected and easily seen. Ran the wires along the internal bumper and up on the passenger side where there was a perfect rubber dam that punched through to go into the battery compartment. The Philips relay I mounted using existing threaded holes outside the battery compartment. All you do is hook the wires to the + and - sides of the battery and the Relay works as stated, you start the car and the lights come on. Turn the engine off and the lights time out after about 20 seconds.

Only problem is that I have a USA version of the FX35 that doesn't have daylight running lights to begin with, so the auto dimming function doesn't have a place to attach the sensor wire. Going to discuss it with my mechanic next time I am in as it just needs to hooked to the hot side wire for the running lights. The lights just stay on bright right now, which isn't bad, just want to use all of the functions the Philips built in to the lights. They say in the instructions that you have to disable the auto headlights function, but that isn't really true on USA cars.

The lights are very bright and I am really happy I got the 8-led light instead of the 4-led light for my particular car. You notice them and they look factory or expensive custom. Much easier than putting on "Angel Eyes".

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”