installing my bump steer spacers on my 510

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
mipo510
Car: 1970 datsun 510

****....do the spacers bolt on the the strut 1st.....and then onto all the other steering parts???....or doesn it go between the ball join??...n e pix that u may have or sum easy info..i will appreciate...

thanks my peeps

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

it'll be pretty obvious once you get it apart, you unbolt the 2 steering knuckle bolts that go up through the steering knuckle and into the bottom of the strut housing, then pry the lower control arm down and you wrestle the strut off the steering arm, then you put the spacer between them wrestele them back togetehr and put longer bolts in, it's simple but unless your on lowering springs it's a pain, removing the a-arm from the crossmsmber makes this easier till you have to wrestle the a- arm back in place

mipo510
Car: 1970 datsun 510

THANK YA KINDLY MY FELLOW DATSUN MAN....I GUESS IMMA GO WITH THE STOCK s130 CALIPERS WHICH I FOUND A PLACE BY MY HOUSE THAT HAS THEM FOR $45 EACH (NOT BAD!!) AND USE SLOTED ROTORS STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE LINES AND SOME PADS ON THERE....

MAY B IN A FEW MONTHS I WILL COME BAK TO THESE OUTLAW CALIPERS..

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”