installing led light in my car with switch

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
zpanda92
Car: Nissan 350z

hello z lovers i just recently bought my 350z and was recommend to this site by a friend.. and said it was a amazing website for information. im looking to starting putting mods on my car and since i can't dump alot of money right now into my engine.. so im looking to modify the inside first.. so here's my first project.. i wanna put LED lights on inside by the feet.. and i wanna hook up a toggle switch so i can turn them off or on while my car is running.. i think i might need additional wire.. is there a specific type of wire i need for that? and also what other things am i missing to this?.. so far im thinking..
-eletrical tape
-LED lights
-toggle switch
... thats all i can really think of atm.. so any help would be awesome! thank you :) :)

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Wow, no replies? WTF

Some 14-16ga wire (I like bigger vs. smaller), two ring terminal, three spade terminals, and a wire terminal (like the ones pictured below) are needed along with your LED's. Find a hot wire off the fuse box or some other area that is hot when the ignition is on. Use the wire terminal to tap a hot lead off of the ignition wire. Run that to the toggle switch input and attach with a spade terminal (assuming the switch has 3 connectors (in, grnd, out)). Take another wire, attach the ring terminal and use the ring to attach it to chassis metal for ground. On the other end attache another spade terminal and connect to the toggle ground. Take another wire, add the last spade terminal and connect to the toggle out. The other end goes to your lights (however you need to connect them). You will need the last ring terminal for connecting the LED lights to ground (new chassis ground or you could connect all ground wires to the same chassis point, your choice).

Hope that helps.

zpanda92

Thank you for the reply!

nissanmen
Car: Nissan 350Z

Hi all, I`m new here and would be nice if you advice me how to install LED on Nissan 350Z like THIS . Thanks and Best Regards :)

zpanda92

ill make a list of instructions and post them on here along with pics asap.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”