Installing Fog Lights on Gen 2 -- Any Recommendations?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
OneBigTree
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV "Sun & Sound"

I have a 2018 SV I've been very happy with overall. It didn't come with fog lights and I'd like to add them.

The local Nissan dealer has quoted me $275 for the OEM fog light kit, plus $450 for installation, so $725 total!

I have a copy of Nissan's installation instructions and it involves removing the air bag module and then the steering wheel, so I'm guessing this is very time consuming and explains some of the install cost.

While I'd prefer it to be OEM, including the light stalk extension, I don't want to pay so much.

Has anyone here taken this on or had someone install for them? Any recommendations?

Any good non-OEM kits out there?

What are the best fog lights to get?

~ ~ ~

Btw, part of the reason for doing this is that my wife hit a deer the other night with our other car. Luckily she's fine and there was miniscule damage to the car (and apparently to the deer, which immediately got up and ran off). But it shook my wife up. Our previous SUV had fog lights we often used and she will feel safer if we have them again.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You can get the Nissan kit for substantially less online. NissanPartsDeal.com has them for $217.80, and because they're a Nissan OEM retailer, the kit will come with the Nissan factory parts warranty just like a dealer part.

The airbag isn't really difficult to remove. The only secret is to not push your pick too far into the slot. If you go too far there's a plastic wall that will prevent the pick from pushing sideways. You have to slide in slowly, feeling for the tip of the pick to contact metal. When it does, stop immediately and push sideways. Easy-peasy once you do it a few times. The only other tricks are 1) DISCONNECT THE BATTERY NEGATIVE BEFORE YOU START, 2) make sure the front wheels are in the straight ahead position after removing the bag but before removing the wheel, and 3) take note of the match mark positions on the wheel and shaft, they're usually very slightly off from one another and you want to reassemble in the exact same spot. I usually use the straight pick from this Harbor Freight set to pop the bag, it's $1.50 and just the right diameter to work the slots:
https://www.harborfreight.com/mini-pick ... 63697.html

OneBigTree
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV "Sun & Sound"

Wow -- all great tips!

Thank you

Return to “Rogue Forum”