installing dvd head unit

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
deaftosociety
Car: 08 nissan versa s 6 speed stillen strut bar

alright i finally got sick of the s' head unit and im putting in a clarion 6.5 inch in dash anyways i gota ask, how many of yall have used a "factory connector" so you can connect your head units to the car. crutchfield sent one with my dvd player and i was hoping to hear some feedback on it little worried about it since i havent even popped the top of the dash off. pulling the old unit tommorow since i have to work tonight that part tommorow was wondering if yall have used em before or what its supposed to be for all 07 and up nissans ?

Shad0wXCalibur
Car: Nissan Versa SL Sedan

You mean a wiring harness? Uh, I thought it was common sense to use one. I've never heard of anyone NOT using one and hacking up the factory wiring instead...

deaftosociety

every vehicle before this one you had to hack into the wiring harness and i wasnt sure if it would be correct because ive heard alot of the versas wiring is a little wacky

kaze0

Theyve had simple wiring harnesses for years so you didnt have to chop up the existing ones and splice wires. It's easy. Enjoy the simplicity.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

When you take your dash apart, plug your harness in to test fit. Nissan uses a couple different harnesses, and in fact the Versa requires TWO harnesses: one for the main radio harness, and a secondary harness for the antenna, because it doesn't use the standard banana plug anymore for the antenna.

if crutchfield didn't send the right kit, you can get the right one from Bob @ Versaspeed.com

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

im used to doing it the caveman way of splice and dice....

deaftosociety

alright gave crutchfield a call they sent me the right one this clarion dvd head unit is insane im still trying to figure it out but its pretty kick *** i didnt like the idea of cutting into my emergency break wire for it to work so i just put it on a toggle switch does the trick and no im not driving down the road watching movies but its pretty nice just trying to program my sirius radio presets is a pain my kenwood didnt even have this many features mind you it was a few years old but so far so good ill get yall some pics of it if ya want it looks factory since it has the silver buttons

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Glad you're enjoying your HU..

But seriously. Punctuation is your friend.

deaftosociety

sorry Ev... working third shift is killing that part of me... i come home i barely got enough time to shower before i have to go to my next job...

Vahagn23
Car: NIssan Versa S

Since were on this topic, and im still on search of the right In dash Unit. I have my eye on the Pioneer System with no Navigation. Anyways is 6'5 a perfect fit on the V, because I have seen 7' inches also.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”