Installing Buddy Blub seats w/BC side-mount rails

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

Okay, I really honestly cannot believe I have to ask this question, but is anyone out there running BC Race Spec buckets with the BC rails, and could you tell me how the hell to mount the seat to the rails? Isn't there a "shoot myself" smiley?

Here's why I'm asking:

Rails come in 7 pieces -- 2 slider rails/floor bolt brackets, 1 slider actuator lever, & 4 connector angle-brackets. Wish I had pics, but I'll describe as best I can. Each of the angle brackets has a short bottom and long, roughly-triangular top and the angle between isn't 90 degrees. Two of the brackets have 3 position variables and two have 5.

So, I installed according to common sense (cause of course there were no instructions -- I mean, what kind of retard can't put in friggin SEATS, right?): Rails to floor, actuator to rails, side-mount brackets to seat, drop seat onto rails, lining up brackets with up-facing rail bolts.

Just like this:

http://www.buddyclub.us/buddyc...1.jpg

EXCEPT, since the brackets are staggered height, I had the 3-position mounts on the front of the seat and the 5-position on the rear. Seemed just fine, but I noticed the holes where the brackets fasten to the seat don't line up with sh*t, because there are 2 bolts for each seat mount. Picture above only shows one. I'm a guy who figures if you get 8 bolts, you USE 8 bolts. Well, I make it work. Comfy!

So, when I took my car into the shop to have the motor work done, the guy I bought the seats from says "You, uh, didn't put your seats in right." But he doesn't say why. Help me save some face.

What did I do wrong?
Modified by Encryptshun at 1:19 PM 8/9/2007

onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

a picture says a thousand words... post a pic of ur actual seat install.

Return to “Interiors”