Installing Backup camera

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
bthomas
Car: Murano

I am installing an aftermarket backup camera on my 05 Murano and I am wondering if anyone knows what color the backup light wire is.

mmathras
Car: 2004 Murano

I believe it is the purple wire found in the harness running along the driver side floor board. Please let me know if this is correct, or not....as I have a back up camera on order as we speak!

mmathras

Cancel that first "guess!" I just traced the back-up light feed wire on my '04 Murano to the electrical harness that runs along the left side of the spare tire compartment. It is a green wire with white stripe.

sean69
Car: 2005 Murano

mmathras wrote:Cancel that first "guess!" I just traced the back-up light feed wire on my '04 Murano to the electrical harness that runs along the left side of the spare tire compartment. It is a green wire with white stripe.
Just look this topic, Did you took pics of your install ? I want to do the same mod to my Mo so I'd like to know the brand of your back up kit & if it was easy to mount - specialy the camera ?

I'm about to order the VALOR back up kit, anyone ever had experience with it ? Screen is in a central mirror

thanks for any input

mmathras

The backup cam I installed was a VR3 WIRELESS BACK-UP CAMERA SYSTEM W/COLOR LCD MONITOR...and I did not take any photos. I accessed and tied into the green/white stripe backup light wiring underneath/inside the small lid behind the license plate in the door panel--for power. Do NOT use the purple wire next to it as your ground connection, as this wire's contact is broken when the hatch door closes! (It shuts off the two lights found in the door itself.) Instead, I wired my camera ground wire to the rear windshield wiper motor housing which can be accessed by popping off the entire hatch door inside panel. This is done by pushing IN the middle button on each of the 4 or 5 panel clips along the bottom edge. Then after removing these clips, pry off the entire panel with a large flat-bladed screwdriver. You may as well pop off this hatch panel FIRST, to make accesss to ALL of the wiring much easier.

sean69
Car: 2005 Murano

thanks a lot,

even without pics your description of install & advice shall help me a lot & save me time (& thrill on cutting cables !)

finaly I will order a kit with a camera in the license plate frame & will try to post pics when I'm finished with my video system : 2 screen in the headrest + Multivideo format reader with 320 Go HD integrated in the console between fr seats !

crna1
Car: 2003 infiniti G35 Coupe

i was thinking about the vr3 system, read some mixed reviews about it..howd you like it?

mmathras

I had to angle the camera (on the license plate) with TWO sets of tapered washers to get it to view close enough to the rear bumper to do any good.

The screen/monitor is a bit small and although our cellphones don't interfere with reception, our Bluetooth earsets do!

I had previously installed the audible back-up sensors along the rear bumper so, coupled with the VR3, the system allows my wife enough confidence to back into tight spots comfortably.

I wound up getting the VR3 on eBay for $79--including shipping....so the price was right.

This is NOT the camera system for you if you're expecting the clarity you get from a digital/wired video cam.

Return to “Murano Forum”