Installing aftermarket stereo - reverse wire

All things Altima Coupe.
sapphirerapids
Car: Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5S

I’m trying to install an aftermarket stereo (Sony AX200). I received all the wiring kit and stereo from Crutchfield. Their instructions have been decent but I’m having trouble finding the location and wire to splice in the purple “reverse” wire from the back of the new head unit. I found this linked from another post which indicates that a pink/black wire is what I should be looking for but I’ve looked under the kickpanel and don’t see a wire colored that way (I do see a thicker cable that’s pink and gray). I was wondering if anyone here had any advice. I’m new to installing stereos and may have bitten off more than I can chew so I really appreciate any details you can give.

http://www.modifiedlife.com/2011-nissan ... ing-chart/

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

Did your car come with backup camera? If not, then that wire is not needed.

Rouge5
Car: Altima Coupe 2.5 2008

Hi, I just install an aftermarket reverse camera the last week on my Altima, with a pioneer stereo.
I took the signal and voltage from that pink/black cable that is for the reverse light.

It's easy, just put a multimeter on each pin on the tail light connector, you need somebody to help you moving the shifter to reverse and out of reverse, to turn ON and turn OFF the reverse light, then you can identify which cable is for that light (pink/black).

Then, carefully, remove like a 1/2" wire cover with a knife and tie 2 cables there, one for the signal and another to energize the camera (12V).
You can connect the camera ground in the screw next the connector.

That's what I did on my car, and it's working well.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”