Installed Hood Deflector Myself

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I just installed the hood bug deflector myself, and I just wanted to drop everyone a line to let you know that it is definately a do-it-yourself project. The dealer was going to charge me like 60 bucks to install it, and I did it myself with a partner in about an hour. The instructions suck, you have to read them like 10 times but after you're finished, you could probably do another one in about 20 minutes. I would really recommend having someone to help you just for the extra set of hands, but it's not worth spending the money to have the dealer do it.

philipa_240sx

Kerrton,

Perhaps you could give us a 'step-by-step' of your install?

Also, is this deflector like the other FormFit models with 'no-drill' installation?

rjchoops
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

I also put mine on myself. It mis the Form-Fit one from Auto Frills in Seattle, WA. It is very easy once you figure out which pieces go where. Half hour to do. Picture of mine is on the Unofficial Carbon Silver thread. I also installed the REAR SPOILER myself.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

This is a "no drill" install, the design is actually pretty interesting, as the deflector is very securely mounted without any permanency or the need to alter or damage the hood - it can be removed any time but once installed it doesn't move, very solid. The step by step is provided in the included instructions and would be hard to improve on without diagrams or photos, and since I'm already complete photos are not possible. I would trust the instructions, just be prepared to read them over slowly several times to fully understand the steps, once you get the concept it's easy to implement.

Return to “Rogue Forum”