install wiper blade inserts 2011 M37

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
mm5792

How are old wiper blade inserts removed and new inserts installed. I removed the wiper blade assembly but do not see how to remove and replace the blade inserts. I noticed at one end of the assembly there is reference and an arrow pointing to a "lock" printed on the blade insert.
Thanks for any info on how to do this.

Altered
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x

I'd think you slide the insert away from the direction that says lock. Haven't looked at mine yet but that would be my quess

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

Don't bother with just the inserts. Buy the whole blade. I am really impressed with the Bosch wipers (reflex type). I'm on my second set. They last about 1 year in all seasons.

SwissCheeseHead
Car: 11 M37x, 94 BMW 530i

Reviving this thread. Do you guys buy oem inserts or do you use aftermarket. I generally use BOSCH blades (clear advantage) and they run about $11.00 each. How much are OEM inserts and do they work well?

wideopn11
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x Moonlight White

Takeda CAI
Stillen exhaust w/ MeganRacing Y-pipe
SCALE coilovers 16K/10K F/R
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

Just had mine done at the dealer during an oil change for about $30.

SwissCheeseHead

Do they wipe cleanly when new? I've noticed a little spot of residual water on the downstroke of the wiper. It's oddly the same as on my BMW e91 which also use OEM wipers.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Lie Svard, I use only Bosch as well. I use Bosch ICONs - they have no frame and mold themselves to the windscreen surface perfectly. They never leave a mark, make a streak, and they are 100% silent when in use. They put all other brands, including OEMs to shame and continue to wipe like new even after a year or two depending on your weather.

securityguy
Car: 2012 M37x

Rain-X Latitude blades are all I use. Great product and can always find both the Bosch and Rain-X at Walmart cheaper than anywhere else. can install them all in less than 30 seconds a wiper arm.

SwissCheeseHead

I've used Bosch Icons in the past and agree that they are excellent wipers. However, I live in a snow/ice climate and the weather kills any type of wiper blade. I typically change them out once a year. Thanks for the input. I've already placed on order for the Bosch Clear Advantage which I've used before and are a very good wiper for the price. (half as much as the Icons).

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

Living in one of the five wettest cities in the country, I end up using the wipers almost daily this time of the year. I've tried a lot of them and now swear by the Bosch Icon's. I never hear a squeak, they wipe clean both directions and are perfectly silent - even at high speeds. They were designed with high performance cars in mind. That combined with Rain-X on the windshield works great. I have to replace my wipers twice per year. I buy them on either Amazon or Rockauto - whoever has the lowest price when I need them. Like others, I replace the whole thing every time. The other thing I like about the Icons is that they look great.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

I use silicone ones from Silblade ... sold through Amazon.

Excellent wiper for sure.

One time, the darn Infiniti technician replace the inserts (standard practice at that service interval) on a relatively new set (two to three month old) Silblades I had installed myself. :rolleyes: The Silblade inserts had already been thrown away by the time I realized the mistake.

Now, I make sure to have a note on the paperwork to tell the tech to NOT touch the wiper blades. :)

Z

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”