Install new drl

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
JJM158
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35 S

I was wanting to install some aftermarket running lights, and wasn't sure how to power correctly, I dont like the factory system and rather have my own where they turn off with lowbeam then back on with headlight off. Heard can use a fuse tap but wasn't sure if more to it.....

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

You may need to comb through the FSM in my signature for wiring schematics, etc.

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

You might want to look at VLEDs Triton Switchbacks. There are some good threads on this site regarding them. They switch from white to blinking amber when turn signals are engaged and they dim 90% when your headlights come on if you wire them up properly. I had them for 7 years and they were rock solid and look great. If you want to buy them, be sure and get the hyperflash fix and the HDRL interface.

https://www.vleds.com/shop-products/v6- ... on-wa.html

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I am not a fan of cars with DRLs that switch off to allow the turn indicators to flash. I looks lame. I know it's the result of laws that require the turn indicators to be the focus to other drivers whilst preparing to turn. It just tweeks me that switchback DRL turn signals have been out for years and car companies can't be bothered to design one for their cars or design a separate, highly visible turn signal. Heck there are still cars that haven't switched to LEDs for brakes, turn signals, and interior lamps!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”