Install instructions for Illuminated kick plates

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

Guys,

I have searched the site but found nothing. A friend of mine purchased a 2010 FX35 like mine and he likes my illuminated kick plates, which his did not have them.

He purchased the kickplates to install himself but they did not come with install instructions?? Does anyone know where I can find the instructions on how to put these things in?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

J-Owner

Nevermind. I located the instructions.

Is there any activity on this forum?? Do only old guys own an FX or something??

I come from the G35 and J30 forums where there are posts and activity every single day. On this forum nothing.........boring........crickets.......

Perhaps the FX is so solid of a car that no posts are ever needed. Hopefully, from a reliability standpoint that statement proves true.

Just my $0.02 anyway.

atlex35
Car: 2006 Red/Black G35 Coupe and 2009 Black/Black FX35

Was it an easy install? I have a 2009 FX35 and was looking to buy a set myself.

Go to infinitiscene. There is a lot more activity there for FX owners.

J-Owner

The install can be done easily if you are familiar with wiring and such. However, my friend is not and paid the dealer $100 to put them in.

The instructions show how to route the wires under the carpet from the drivers side foot well around and under the dash to the passenger footwell and a supply box behind the panel on that side. It looked to be more time consuming if anything if you are a novice. It took the dealership literally 30 minutes to put them in. Like I say, if you are familiar with auto wiring then I would say you can put it in yourself and save some money.

I would recommend getting them. They are very nice and add just a bit more classiness to an already classy ride. Good luck and thanks for the info on the other site. I will check out the action over there as well.

Take care.

tjk76
Car: 2010 FX35

I just bought mine last night 2010 FX35 Black on Black with the premium package. Wanna get the illuminated kickplates. Can you tell me where your friend got them from? How do you like the car?

J-Owner

He bought them on-line at http://www.sewellparts.com. They were $299 with tax and shipping to your address.

I love the car. I came out of two cars, a Mercedes CLS500 and the Infiniti G35 coupe. Sold the Benze because I wasn't driving it much and sold the G because I needed more room and was tired of sitting low to the ground.

The FX is sweet. Ride a million times smoother. All the tech gadgets I could ever need (except actual Tech package as I didn't need that much crap).

Overall, it is a very luxury ride, very comfortable. The only thing is the 7 speed trans takes some getting use to but I don't have some of the hard shifts and gear searching other have had. When slowing to a stop it will jerk a bit but onlu on occasion and not all the time. Also, I know it has 303 HP but the G was much quicker and faster but then again the FX is larger and probably a lot heavier so that also takes some getting use to.

I don't regret the purchase at all. Build quality is great. Fit and finish is tight with no road noise, rattles, etc. Infiniti keeps getting better in my opinion, which is why there will always be one in my garage.

Enjoy the FX. Let me/us know how you like yours.

tjk76
Car: 2010 FX35

Had a lot of snow on Sat and tested the AWD capabilities of the car and also got it dirty(really hurt).. Took it for a long drive yesterday and I am liking it. Its just that sometimes the ride is not smooth, even small bumps on the road are emphasized which I dont particularly like. I am taking it easy during the break in period which is diffcult to do as the car begs to be pushed to the limits, its like the tranny is frustrated that I am not lead footing it.
Modified by tjk76 at 8:16 PM 2/1/2010

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

About the rough ride — are you still riding on your OEM tires? They can be quite noisy and at a lower quality depending on which brand was placed on your FX. You may want to consider replacing them with better tires, such as Bridgestone or Goodyear tires.

^^^ Restored post

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”