Injen Intake and Extension

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

OK guys, I'm ready for my intake and want to purchase it today, but have a couple of questions.

1. Where can I get the intake system for less than $189?2. Where can I get the extension kit for less than $99?3. How much hp gain can I expect to see with the intake system?4. How much additional gain can I see with the extension?

Prompt replies are much appreciated as I am ready to place my order today. Thanks all in advance.

Daunttless

1. You can't.2. You can't.3. Less than 54. Less than 5.

ash1y1

So you're saying those are good prices huh? Great I'm getting them right now. And you're saying I can anywhere from 8-10 hp gain if I add both of them? Is there anything else I can add for under $100 that will compliment this intake system? What should be my next step in adding performance parts to my car? More interested in hp gain that handling for the time being until I can save enough for coilovers, springs, etc.

GodDrivesA240sx
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

ash1y1 wrote:So you're saying those are good prices huh? Great I'm getting them right now. And you're saying I can anywhere from 8-10 hp gain if I add both of them? Is there anything else I can add for under $100 that will compliment this intake system? What should be my next step in adding performance parts to my car? More interested in hp gain that handling for the time being until I can save enough for coilovers, springs, etc.

Continue by opening up the exhaust. You have the intake opened up now make it worth it's while. :) Buy an aftermarket cat-back exhaust system and get a highflow cat or just replace it with a test pipe (cheaper but illegal.....2500 dollar fine plus possible jail time if you get caught) All those mods working togather you will get a noticable difference in power. Nothing crazy but it's nice :yesnod

mainetc
Car: Driving fast, reading philosophy

I've just installed my Injen intake and an Apex'i N1 Dual catback. Since my old exhaust was swiss cheese and roaring I can't speak for the intake alone, but I do find that with both mods the engine 1) sounds a lot better, with a low rumble and an audible sucking noise at idle, and a satisfying roar at wide open, 2) revs up a bit quicker and has a more pronounced high end pull; low end is mostly unchanged, 3) looks damn smooth, with those huge chrome pipes off the back and all that red and chrome in the engine bay.

My question is this: I have the Injen CAI sitting in the box in my garage, and I read the warning about using it in wet conditions. Is this a huge issue? Can I use it in light rain but not heavy? Snow? Or is that just a liability warning so you don't call up and claim engine destruction is their fault?

Thanks guys.

Chris'91 240SX SE FastbackBlaupunkt CasablancaInfinity 4x6 all aroundMTX Thunder 12"Injen intake/Apex'i N1 Dual catback

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

They dont want you to drive thru a flooded area and suck water into your engine with your CAI then blame it on them. I know AEM makes a bypass valve that reroutes incoming air during sudden pressure drops, like water or slush. Dont know if it will work on Injen. Heres where i saw it:

http://www.summitracing.com

Search keyword: AEM bypass valve:cool:

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Injen also makes a cover that goes around their filter to protect from water getting on it during normal rain. Haven't tried it put probably a good idea.

Should see it a http://injen.com --or whatever their website is.

mainetc
Car: Driving fast, reading philosophy

So driving through heavy rain isn't a problem...the concern is just driving through a puddle and submerging the filter, thus sucking water into the intake? Boy would that suck. You gotta figure it won't get splashed from simply driving on very wet roads during a downpour as there are splash guards around the wheel wells.

Let me know if any of this seems like BS. I might be trying to rationalize.

Chris

ash1y1

Does anyone know where I can find that cover for the filter? I checked the Injen website and can't find it. Much appreciated.

TommyyJ

do not, i repeat do not get the aem bypass valve, they recalled that product awhile ago because the actual part was being sucked in...the part wasnt made strong enough so pieces of plastic ripped off and well, you know where they went...in the engine...they did an article about it earlier this year in super street...

ash1y1

I should or should not get the Injen Extension? I am hearing that it does not perform all that well under wet conditions, is this correct or not. I don't see how water would get that high into the engine without running through foot high puddles, but then what do I know.

KwayKer
Car: My car, video games, sports

hey....http://www.adventon.com/acb/sh...D=288

go there, and if that doesnt work, go to http://www.adventon.com and look for the injen intake. Its cheaper than $189 there, contrary to Daunttless :) hehe, I havent found the CAI anywhere else cheaper than $100 though.

Matt

Daunttless

My god, its only 171 dollars. : ) I have never, ever seen it for cheaper than 189. However, you also have to take into account how much they charge you for shipping, injen is free shipping. If shipping and "handling" is 18 dollars or more ( very possible at some places ) I still win. : )

Damn you Kwayker.

ash1y1

I actually checked out that website and filled all the necessary fields in order to see how much the shipping was....only $11.88 which is nothing. I paid the following:

1. Injen Intake $1892. Intake Extension $993. Accel 8mm ThunderSport Spark Plug Wires $59The total shipping was $24 which is still pretty good for the amount I spent, isn't it? Do you think the Thundsport wires are good? Please let me know.

KwayKer
Car: My car, video games, sports

I have a 1991 240SX, so my intake from that place is only $164 :)

Weee....and only around $12 shipping...I still have to wait a few months because I'm working less, due to college, so I cant afford anything for my car for a few months :~( Cry Cry :~(

Matt

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”