Injectors

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
dantesdoom
Car: 1991 Nissan 300zx N/A
1997 Nissan Pickup

really a question about my multimeter i guess. When i meter this one injector that i feel is bad, the 1 (infinity, i suppose), never changes....so i put it on sound, to beep when a connection is made....no sound when i touch the prongs on the injector. I'm taking it that its bad, is that most likely what im looking at. Also, the other injectors read in the 13 range...is this bad...i know its in the acceptable 10-14 range, but does this mean that the injector will dies tom. or such i guess is what im asking, or maybe what im getting at is should i just pull them plenum and replace them all...very low budget, and these were "supposedly" replaced in my rebuild 2K miles ago though some don't look like it. I got crap from the fuel tank in there as the car had set up a year and a half....i am thinking on just replacing the one, the fuel filter and a mild treatment of seafoam...think this should be ok since i only drive it about 30 miles a week (not my DD)? Sorry for all the questions....just a little lost as what to do from all the varied opinions i have read. please don't flame me

Zwicked
Car: 1990 300 ZX tt, 1990 240SX

10 to 14 ohms is in spec. No reading at all is open circuit and the injector is NFG. Make sure the connections are clean of all corrosion before taking a reading. If they read within range, don't bother replacing them all, just the ones out of spec.If your fuel tank has garbage in it, you should either remove it or take the top plates off and totally clean it out, as well as clean the sock off on the fuel pump as well as change the fuel filter. I would also take it in to a shop for a Motorvac as if it had junk in it for a long time it has likely contaminated the fuel system which can also leak to fouled injectors.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”