Injectors Spray all the same time.

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
98camaroz
Car: 92 s13

I have a KA-T that i have been running for a few months and little problems here and there.. this one has me stumped to the core and I'm really about to just throw in the towl. I have searched around but nothing quite like this has been brought up, the best I can describe it is that the injectors are firing at the same time on a constant pulse. I have replaced the distributor and the ecu. I have taken off my emanage ultimate and basically reverted it to a stock ecu hookup. I'm in the process of replacing the entire wiring harness but I hate to say that the harness I have to switch in looks as though the plug into the distributor is cut.. I have read that the coolant temp sensor goes bad and causes all sorts of bad luck with this type of problem so i might get a new one and see what it does, the injectors flood the engine so i have the rail off to see what it does, I have replaced the bad oil/etc.. Anyone have any bright ideas as to what BS could do this? I have replaced the injectors, I semi-fixed the problem once by unhooking things and jiggling the wires around and they fired in correct order but then went right back to one pulse all 4 spraying. :sad:

S133P3R
Car: 1989 S13 240sx

possibly a shorted out wire in teh harness where you cant see? best of luck, wiring harness suck!

98camaroz

Someone said that the injectors fire all the same time during start up called a batch mode which allows the injectors to fire all the same time but only lasts for around 4 seconds.. I figure that would flood the cylinders with fuel? idk.

s13drifter88
Car: 93 S13 Coupe CA18DET (Money pit)
1996 D21 Hardbody (Work truck/daily)
!993 Del Sol (Daily)
1987 Pontiac GTA (Drag project, other money pit)
1989 SOHC S13 Buzz Car

They do batch fire on start up but after it starts they go to port fire. Doesn't emanage go inline with your ecu? Try replacing your ecu to see if that remedies it. A buddy of mine that used to work for a tuner shop here im huntsville al said the emanage harnesses had some sort of issue at one time or another that would cause some strange running issues ect ect. Maybe it ate your ecu... idk I've never touched emanage personally

98camaroz

I have replaced the ecu and taken off the emanage just to run it in limp mode, but still the same issue. I plan on retiming the engine to TDC and putting on a different harness and a new coolant temp sensor. The next few days are gonna be interesting.

S133P3R
Car: 1989 S13 240sx

well good luck to you.

s13drifter88
Car: 93 S13 Coupe CA18DET (Money pit)
1996 D21 Hardbody (Work truck/daily)
!993 Del Sol (Daily)
1987 Pontiac GTA (Drag project, other money pit)
1989 SOHC S13 Buzz Car

I hope it works out man, good luck and best of wishes

2FAS240
Car: 1995 Nissan 240SX SE / 49' Chevy Stepside / 04 Tahoe

do you have stock injectors in still??? and does your engine start at all and run relaly ruff???

DrewH
Car: 2006 Altima SE R
2012 G37X

98camaroz, you recently sent me a PM but your ability to receive them is disabled. Feel free to send me another one when you get it straightened out.

brooin8
Car: Datsun 510 with Ka24e-T
Dry sump oil system using the stock ka PS pump.

98camaroz wrote:I have replaced the ecu and taken off the emanage just to run it in limp mode, but still the same issue. I plan on retiming the engine to TDC and putting on a different harness and a new coolant temp sensor. The next few days are gonna be interesting.
Was this resolved?
I found that using Megasquirt, I had the same problem.
Found out it was a ground issue to the ECU. Given you are completely stock with the ecu, Grounds should be fine.
The smallest thing, like an open hot wire/ground wire could be the issue as well.
I have a Microsquirt module now, and the hook up was really easy. Car is running great now.

98camaroz

Hi, yes the issue was resolved. Not sure which combination actually fixed it however I ended up replacing the injectors as well as replacing the wiring harness. The car runs fine now, just needs a re-tune and a proper boost controller hooked up.

I did some modifcations to my inbox, hope that clears it up, not sure why it wont receive any pm.. :poke:

DrewH
Car: 2006 Altima SE R
2012 G37X

98camaroz wrote:I did some modifcations to my inbox, hope that clears it up, not sure why it wont receive any pm.. :poke:
Still can't reply.

In your user control panel under board preferences there's a setting to allow users to send you private messages. The default setting is no but that needs to say yes.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Good to know it was sorted out. I checked out the PM settings, they are set correctly to receive PMs from members. Let me know if this continues to be an issue.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”