injectors not firing

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Sr20probs
Car: 1991 s13 hatch sr20det

Hey guys I can not get my injectors to fire. I have jumped my fuel pump as it wasn’t priming with the ignition. I have spark. I have power to the injectors(12v) but they do not fire. I have checked all body grounds and connectors. Any idea what’s causing this? I have tried 2 different ecus and they are brand new injectors. I even tried my old know good ones to see what would happen. Nothing please help I want to drive this. Thanks

wa-chiss
Car: 1990 Nissan S13 H/C KA24E
2005 Toyota Sequoia
1976 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Cam signal I bet. Either in the distributor (KA) or CAS (SR). If ECU doesn't know where the cams are, no injector signal.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys:
The injectors are ground controled by the ECU, so B+ is normal to find at the connectors. Please do not OHM the ground side through the ECU.
Remove distributor cap (KA) and check if it spins with engine while cranking. The camshaft position is sent from the distributor to the ECU VIA a Hall Effect sensor. No spin, no signal.

macgiver

mac, yeeeah, you DISCONNECT the injectors and THEN ohm them while "isolated", across their two terminals.
Usually 10-17 ohms ,around there . Zero and infinity - obviously bad , and if they checkout - doesn't necessarily mean they are "delivering" fuel properly,in a "fine mist" or AT ALL !! Even if "clicking" - they maybe cloggred. :tisk:
When they DO fail the "ohm test" , usually they fail open or infinity on the meter.Intentionally designed so as not to "blow" the ECM's Mosfet output "drivers" IF they were to fail SHORTED - there would be thousands of ruined ECMs if it were designed otherwise :facepalm:

jhoneyperker

I wonder why your injector did not support.I have injected already but I did not find any problem. You can check your settings first because many people forget to settings properly. Or you can go quickbooks help they can provide the best service as much as they can.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”