Initializing software at startup

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
gatiman
Car: 2008 Infiniti M45x
2018 Nissan Maxima
2007 Porsche 997 Turbo
2013 Porsche 958 Cayenne GTS

Any else experience the control panel locking up after pushing the press to start button and software initialization? The car starts, Infiniti logo on screen comes on, but no control of the radio, and AC or any console buttons are functioning? The AC is stuck on 75 degrees and med fan.

This has happened to me intermittently before when my iPhone was “connected” and Bluetooth was disconnected in the iPhone settings page while the car was running. It’s acting like the initialization software is hiccuping and not fully loading.
No fuses are blown, Tried disconnecting battery, waiting, reconnecting. This puts the console into what looks like default. Still no controls upon startup. In the past, it just intermittently seems to fully load at startup and everything works fine.

Normal procedure ... unlock, get into car, fasten seatbelt, press to start, engine starts, console loading starts and poof....radio is blasting everything works naturally.

any Help anyone? :sad:

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

I had it happen twice. Had to disconnect the battery for five minutes and then it came back fine. In my case, I think it came from having paired with a rental Nissan Rouge, and then coming back to my car, I had it lock up.

CarGuy87
Car: 350z, G37s, M35s

This is one of those situations where the hidden diagnostic menu might solve this software issue. Someone on here must know how to use it.

gatiman
2018 Nissan Maxima
2007 Porsche 997 Turbo

Anybody got a remedy? I hate to take her into the dealership....

Mjkkb2
Car: 2018 QX60 AWD, 2011 M37S, 2011 Quest, 2001 I30t(sold)

...have you tried the diagnostic menu?

to access, with radio off, press and hold settings button and turn the volume knob until the menu pops up.

gatiman
2018 Nissan Maxima
2007 Porsche 997 Turbo

Can’t get to the diagnostic screen. Paid the stealership a $154 “diagnostic fee” to have them tell me the AV Control Unit seems to have died:
‘Duplicated that the AV & climate control controls do not work & that the A/C is in failsafe mode at 75°F Auto fresh air. Tested both the power & ground to both the control panels, the AV control unit & the Heater/AC control unit. All tested good. Found multiple DTCs stored the the AV control unit with the CIII-plus. The Primary DTC stored is U121F(INTERNAL COMM). Performed the diagnostic for this DTC & determined the the AV control unit needed to be replaced. Also found that when testing; the AV control unit was very hot & it's cooling fan was not turning on. The fan may have slowly been failing over time causing the intermittent issue & now has fully failed causing the AV control unit to over heat & no longer work.
Radio/Stereo: AV control unit.
$3951.43

Found a salvage replacement for $145 in California taken from 2010 M45. I will replace and install when arrives next week.
Shame on Infiniti for running too many subsystems through the crappy Bose AV Unit. :nono:

gatiman
2018 Nissan Maxima
2007 Porsche 997 Turbo

Anybody??? The week after this last post, jumped n the car and it eerily started up all a working fine (as if it had never happened)
I didn’t install the radio purchased above, no need since all systems working properly, right? Everything has been working fine, and guess what ..the problem started up about 2 weeks ago. System back in “failsafe” mode. So I remove the main AV unit, disconnected battery, waited for caps /memory to drain, replaced with new AV unit and reconnected battery. No change.

After more research, found another refurbished unit with exact model numbers as my original AV unit. Bought it, reinstalled, still no response. Seems it’s not loading startup software or initialization properly and nothing in the center console is working and it won’t leave the failsafe mode. Cannot get to “hidden diagnostic screen” since the radio knob or settings buttons are not providing input signal to get there. Checked connectivity by “enter - up arrow button access” in ACC push to start button mode and all dash center console audibly check positive for signal.

Thinking about purchasing Consult-III diagnostics device since the local stealeships ripped me off and it’s cheaper than paying for a diagnostic report to tell me everything I’ve written here.

Has anybody seen this? And can please offer assistance??? I’m about to sell it for salvage just to get my
sanity back 😬

Costee
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport
2012 Nissan Murano SL

gatiman wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:46 pm
So I remove the main AV unit, disconnected battery, waited for caps /memory to drain, replaced with new AV unit and reconnected battery. No change.

After more research, found another refurbished unit with exact model numbers as my original AV unit. Bought it, reinstalled, still no response.
It seems you're suggesting the first one you bought was a wrong one. Even though you matched the numbers on the second one with the original to your car, as a refurbished part it could still not be in good shape. Could you post the numbers or preferably the car VIN to enable the precise identification of the part number.

gatiman
2018 Nissan Maxima
2007 Porsche 997 Turbo

Posting my Vin numbers is not the issue, the issue is in the reset of the modules that seem to be run through that Central AV unit. If anyone would like to help, i’m at the point where the system needs to be rebooted to acknowledge all of the sub systems. I would appreciate some useful commentary. :confused:

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”