Information requested

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
tcsumner

Hi. First off, let me say that I am new to the forum and fairly car ignorant...This is sort of the blind leading the blind...My parents, who are technologically challenged and do no own a computer asked me to try to find out information on their car.They have a 1993 240SX Limited Edition Convertable. They had some work done on it recently and were told that it might be 'collectable' and they don't know what that means really... So they were hoping I could find out... Is the value different than what you would find in the Blue Book? If they decide to sell it, would advertising it in certain places be better than just putting an ad in the local paper?If you guys can help with information, we will certainly appreciate it.Thanks!!Toni

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Hi Toni!

Well, here's the deal on the convertible.... I own the same car as your folks. The car isn't really necessarily "collectible" per se, which doesn't mean it never will be, but just means that it's really not commanding much demand right now... Several reasons:

1) The car is still relatively new2) They weren't really rare (unless it's factory leather, and I think the maroon color was rare)3) They're not terribly "special" - not a lot of power, not a big seller when new4) Because of the expense of fixing things like the top motor, and the unrelaibility of the trans, the crappy interior, and the inability to find trim and detail pieces, the car may actually be more of a liability than a collectible.

Most of the ones I have seen have been overpriced. The price comes down after they sit for sale for a while.

At this point, I'd say a 93 vert with average miles and wear would be worth no more than $5K, and that's no bargain. Subtract for wear, damage, miles, and repairs and fair prices are between $2-$4K.

Mine was pretty well-preserved, 120K miles, one owner and had factory leather. I paid $3K.

tcsumner

Thanks. This helps. My parents were confused by some the info that folks were giving...not too terribly surprising.T

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Hey man, Where in WI are you?

I am just curious.

I agree with AZ for what he said on the value of the vehicle. If they have had the car here in WI. I would guess that rust would be a factor... That can really hurt the value of the car.

If you are looking to sell it... I would recommend putting something here on NICO's for sale page. You could also try a couple of the other forums... maybe EBAY.... Maybe autotrader.com.

While your parents car is no "Collectible" or very "rare", it isn't exaclty a "dime a dozen". It can be hard to find... especially in the midwest. So, I am guessing you will not have a hard time selling if that is there desire.... PLUS.. now is the best time to sell a 'vert.

Let us know if you have other questions. Thanks

tcsumner

They are up near Hillsboro. The car is actually from Florida...when they retired last year they decided to move back to Wisconsin...which is why they may sell it in the future...not a very pratical car for Wisconsin.ThanksT

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”