Information, radio, a/c and backup camera panel Quit Working

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
TxKat
Car: 2018 Nissan Armada Platinum
2012 Nissan Armada

The Information, radio, a/c and backup camera panel Quit Working in my 2012 Armada. Nothing unusual happened except when I tried to start the car it gave a "no key" warning twice, then started fine. Heard a strange "pop" sound and then noticed the information panel was not working. The screen still is "backlit" but no display. The radio does not work, no hands free phone usage, no backup camera, no heater/climate controls, etc.

Checked the interior fuses - all look fine. Found fuses under the hood and checked the ones that appeared they might be related - again all look fine.

Anyone know what to check next??? No defrost=no driving in this freezing weather! And the Nissan service dept is, of course, closed for the weekend!

marctronixx

Could be the BCM (Body Control Module) as it controls EVERYTHING.

go to your local auto shop and have them pull any DTC codes--thats the first place to start.

TxKat
2012 Nissan Armada

Thank you, the Nissan service dept said the entire "unit" went bad & has to be replaced. I am SO disappointed as we have only had this vehicle for a few months...we are the second owners. And the vehicle is only a 2012, and only just 1000 miles out of warranty!!! This is our first Nissan purchase...our previous vehicles, a Chevy Tahoe, had 197,000 miles before we ever experienced a problem (oil leak)!

marctronixx

the armada is a top quality vehicle so your issue is certainly rare! I have had two armadas and now a 2012 q and never had any issues. the bcm is a tough little guy but it handles so much with the car. sad to hear about this..

not much you can do to the bcm other than replace it.

without knowing how the car was handled, its difficult to figure out what could have happened--could be previous owners who disrespected the car, etc.

bigm747
Car: 2012 Nissan Armada

TxKat my 2012 Armada is doing the exact same thing. Sometimes when I start the vehicle the display, radio and HVAC controls will not work. Do you know exactly what the dealer replaced? I suspect it was the AV Controller P/N 2591A-1SX5E. Thanks

Rwest85
Car: 2010 Infinity QX56

I have a 2010 QX56 with similar issues. My ac/radio was working fine then it went to a intermittent on/off and finally just stopped working all together. My display screen works fine but when the ac/radio was going out it would revert back to what looked like was a default setting on th ac temp because both driver and passenger would be set at 72 degrees and you could hear that it was on but could not control anything on the ac or radio with the exception you could control the radio volume with the one on the steering wheel but that was it and you could still turn on the rear ac controls. Took it to dealership and they said the ac/radio would have to be replaced so I did with a very lo mileage one from salvage yard that was practically brand new and it still had the same symptoms as the one I had just taken out. Done a lot of research and a lot of people have had similar issues but then again most are having the display go blank and mine does not. Found it could be anything from bad resistors in radio coming lose due to bad solder job to replacing BCU and AV Controller. Any insight with this would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah checked all fuses and even put fresh battery in it as well as checked for codes and found nothing pointing at the issue at hand.I have even took the battery cables off for an hour as well as touching the positive and negative together to reset the BCM then reinstalling cables with nothing happening.

TxKat
2012 Nissan Armada

:facepalm: Sooooo…. Update ….
Time to bring this post back to life! :sad:
So, when I had the 2012 I believed that the Info screen console might have been a fluke.
Fast forward … bought a brand new 2018 Nissan Armada Platinum. Guess what went out??? Yep, the entire info control console! Again… barely out of warranty and they asked me if my car had been “hit by lightning”??? Nope!! They want over $10,000 to replace the brain. The camera works but flashes on and off continually. Now… the car hardly starts. Checked the battery and it’s great. I “just” have to keep trying until it finally starts. And the icing in this cake? Now if I start the car and see the symbol for Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) warning light then the entire car shakes and jerks, and won’t shift gears automatically without making it feel as if it is going to rip the transmission out from under the car! Extremely scary!!! And unpredictable!! I brought the car in three times to find out what is happening. The car didn’t have an issue while there. No codes show up, nothing. I am beyond done with Nissan!! They won’t stand behind their product and I don’t feel safe trusting it anymore. Saddest part is that we bought this car with the full intention of passing it on to our oldest child as a safe vehicle for her to have. That can’t happen more. And car prices have shot through the ceiling. So I feel stuck, robbed, and completely unsafe in what was supposed to be a top rated vehicle.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”