Infinity of Scottsdale

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
wamQ45

I was just informed by Brian at Infinity of Scottsdale that they will not longer allow will call for internet customers. They will only give internet pricing on orders shipped. This will of course only effect those of us in the valley but it sucks because we will have to pay tax and shipping......

landtodd

You're right. Brian and Joe may reconsider if their local customers start ordering from ChevlTom at Infiniti of Lisle.

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

Hard to avoid the legal ramfications of State Sales Tax when you sell locally. Plus every service manager in the area gets mad at you for a measly few thousand dollars. It is a cut throat business.

In Atlanta with 5 dealers now few are making the repair sales they once did [when there were 3] even T3 gross has dropped by X % [economy and competition] on Infiniti work.

Who do you let go to make up the short fall or do you raise prices. Rock and a hard place, how do you keep techs on 30 hours pay you expand and hope.

By the way T3 now works on Nissans just Pathfinders {QX4] and Max [I30-35] and 300zx [J30] since we already have the parts in stock.

All the dealers are in the same boat with 159 dealers ....even the boost in sales will takes years to return the revenue of competition.....thank goodness for the QX4 as you could never make it on I35 and a measely 100,000 Q mean means only 628 per dealership on average. And 25% are gone or get serviced by independents............hard to generate the 1.2 mill you need every year on repairs to stay in business.

landtodd

I sympathize with the necessities of business! I even agree that my local dealer really needs to charge $1200 to replace a Q45 fuel pump. I lost my own business after 9/11, so price remains particularly important to me.

I guess my situation is a little different from Scottsdale locals, because unlike them, I have no loyalty to my local dealer (Tallahassee). They haven't been very nice. My business has gone to Scottsdale (and will continue to go there) because their prices are terrific compared to my local walk-in counter. Scottsdale treats me well.

It can be a predatory world. Scottdale established their mailorder business with what my local dealer considers "predatory" pricing, attracting fickle, price-sensitive customers. If Scottsdale told me I didn't get that pricing any more, I would have to examine my alternatives.

TJ, who started internet sales at Scottsdale, once said that when another dealer's parts people asked him what he was doing selling mailorder into "their" territory at a discount, he answered "Selling parts. What are you doing?"

How Scottsdale prices their parts is their business, of course, and I wish them all the best, but I wouldn't like to be told I had to pay more just because I'm local.

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

there can't be good deals without competition. welcome to the USA.

landtodd

I don't begrudge them a profit, but I don't want to pay for my local dealer's new showroom. I'll never use it (unless they start selling used Infinitis from it).

juiceman

I do not sell cars or parts but the internet has changed many a business. There is not such thing as list price anylonger. Everyone expects much less.

In my business it has come to companies limiting the advertising of prices to List only. Then customers have to call or email.

I think the american way is to be able to sell what you want at the profit you want as long as it is not being predatory because it can and will come back and bite you in the arse.

I have used Scottsdale before and found them freindly and their prices good. My hats off to them. Honestly the amount of people out there that work on their own cars (especially the high end ones) is small. Most car places make their money on the maint and repairs at their shops and use the parts as gravy.

Many dealers give wholesale pricing to other car repair places so Scottsdale is just doing it to the public.

They also may be limiting the walk up to apease other dealers in the area or to cut down on the traffic at their walk up window. They may have had to decide between adding a person ($/hr plus benefits) vs shipping parts in the down time between customers. That is much more cost effective.

phxj30

This sucks!It looks like I'll have to order my parts from another dealer for the bigger order$.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

I'll say this too... my local dealer will typically give me the whosale price if I ask for it. But their prices are matrixed (so their "cost" and "list" is a bit higher), and I have to pay tax. Since the dealer's inventory is not that great I usually order parts out of state.

I talked for a good while to Tom at Infinti of Lisle today... he says Infinti is going to a parts supply system much more like Nissan's (bad news)... basically a just-in-time deal with a smaller inventory of commonly purchased parts here in the U.S. With some cars only 40% of the car is available in parts in the USA. Drop shipping is also eliminated. Expect very long delays (2-3 months) on hard to find items as you may have to wait for them to be made in small quantities in Japan, shipped on a boat, clear customs, get trucked to a distrubition center, shipped to the dealership, and then shipped to you. I already miss the days of TJ drop shipping stuff to my door from the Jacksonville DC next day air!

A little good news... Tom sells oil filters for $4.37 each!

jtesensky
Vendor
Car: 2005 QX56, 2002 QX4

Guys-My heart goes out to all who are on the board and live here in PHX. We can only honor the discount to mail order only because we started having our Service Department tell our own drive in customers to get quotes from our website. We started this internet sales not only to increase our market but also to honor those of you out there who are acyually DIYer's. We must maintain our in-shop prices (which are at list and not "matrixed") in order to maximize our profits. We can afford to give away our margin to all of you who are out of state but when we give it away to in-house service drive customers, we will lose money. Every action and every step in this business (like any other) has an expense, it is just that the expense of a phone order and a UPS shipment is less than the expense of a drive in customer (special order parts never put in the car, paperwork, manual parts ordering, and so-forth). We can work with things like freight for in-state customers, it won't be a problem, just let us know you are a NICO member. Please don't letsomething like this affect our reputation with all of you.Thanks-Joe:)

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

For the record, I'd still buy from these guys even if their prices were the SAME OR MORE than from elsewhere. Joe is a good guy and always has time to help out, and the service department has been incredibly helpful with my Q.

Return to “General Chat”