INFINITY 4x6" Speakers GOOD DEAL!?

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
goshoryuken
Car: Tuning, Dentistry

Hey guyz, I got a few questions. The first is . .what's the difference when they say flat plate speakers? I see they're flat but is there any other difference? I am planning on buyig 4 from onlinecarstereo.com, they're 99.00 for a pair so the total will be 198.00, and free shipping since it's over $99. These speakers are rated at 60W RMS and 180 Peak . . . I've looked aroud for the last few days and it seems to me that these are the loudest and best 4x6 speakers in the market. I'm buying them for my 1989 240sx hatchback . . which has 4 4.x6 speakers. Will it fit in there perfectly? Please help.

Thanks.

scruf1986
Car: the car

Plate speakers are speakers that have a seperate woofer and tweeter. They are both mounted on a metal plate. Hince plate. These are opposed to speakers that have the cone with a tweeter through the middle. The 4x6 speakers will fit. However you will have to bend or cut the part where the holes are in order to get them to fit in the stock speaker baffles. It is not that hard it can be done in about 10 min per speaker. Max. That price is average. So I see no reason why not. Go for it. Just remember don't over power them they will blow easily. However have you looked at audiobahn. Their 4x6 speakers can handle the most power I have seen. They have removable tweeter that you can't mount anywhere to. I think they are not that bad. Check em out.

goshoryuken

thnx man. I'll check out the audiobahn speakers since I'm planning on getting the most power out of the 4x6's. I dont want the speakers to **** up so easily.

-GoShoryuken

Woodmister

This is what you do, if you want some Audiobahn speakers...

1) go here, find your size speakers (4x6) http://www.cardiscountstereos....ry=46

2) Go to the zeb ( http://www.thezeb.com ) and do a Price Match. They will get back to you, and tell you what to do.

3) Call them up and tell them what the email said

4) You get ASWOME prices, and 7bux shipping!

PS- This is Audiobahns Section on thezeb http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/audiobahn.html

scruf1986

However, I don't know if they have the most power handling. I haven't looked at MB Quart and some others. They are better than infinity kappas and perfect, pioneer, and some others. Just do a little research. But the most I have seen is audiobahn.

Woodmister

Yes, Audiobahns do take the power, and have aswome return policies (they will take anything back, as long as youve got the recipt and purchase it from a "authorized dealer"...thezeb is one)

goshoryuken

the infinity kappas are 60rms and 180 max, but the audiobahn just says 80rms . .is that it? what's the max? so far, I like the infinity kappas the best. I checked mb quart . . but they're about 125watts max I think.....the first link you gave me doesnt work right, and theZEB has it for 99.99 also.

Woodmister

The MB Quart have the higest power rating (125Watts RMS), then the Audiobahn (80RMS), then the Kappas. In any case, when looking @ these speakers, make sure you get an amp to power them. RMS is what you look @ when looking for speakers...

scruf1986

Who cares about the peak power. Why does everybody always look at that. It means crap. Speakers can handle power. But they will sound distorted before the get to their peak power. You want the highest rms because they won't get distorted at that higher power. If you put say 100 watts through a Kappa speaker and an Audiobahn speaker. The kappa will sound worse than that Audiobahn. Same with MB Quart. The MB Quart will win over these three brands of speakers.

InstantRice

A note about Audiobahn... they arent exactly clear for one but we are talking about power. Audiobahns notoriou for saying their caraudio equipment can handle/put out more power then they actually will. If you feed audiobahns anywhere close to their peak power (say 20w under) they are simply gonna fry. My friends a die hard audiobahn fan but he knows whats up.

goshoryuken

Okay, so MB Quart 4x6's are the best, since their RMS is highest (at 125). Is there any way I can fit bigger speakers into the 4x6 slot without it costing too much?

-GoShoryuken

goshoryuken

I can't seem to find the MB Quart Speakers with 125 RMS, what's the model # ? And which site sells it for a good price?

Thanks

Woodmister

j30t

i fit them in the stock spot for my J30 without much extra cost...a few bucks for some wood to put around the speaker and screw into the door panel. I dunno if the 240sx has built in amps for each speaker but if so then there is porbably a ton of space back there to work with. Also check the depth, make sure the window can go down.

goshoryuken

Okay, well I see the MB Quart speakers, but the question still remains . .I want the 4x6's . . but on this site and every other site . . the 4x6 mb quarts are 30-70watts rms . .so where are the 135watt rms speakers you guys were talking about? and are they 4x6 or were those speakers a different size .. cause if they were . . then it's really a useless piece of information for me isn't it . . since they're not 4x6's .. please help clear up the confusion cause i'm planning on buying ASAP

thanks

diamondj30
Car: Not to low , not to high , just right .

excuse me,am i missing something?i guess im wondering why you want the most powerrfull speaker,when it sounds like your using deck power.i think i would be looking for an efficient speaker to make the most out of the power your running.dont expect alot of lows out of them being infinite baffle.so i ask again ,am i missing something.i had 14 mbqurts in my j30 cabin,they are the least efficient out of the group,therefor they need more power ,thus the higher rms..this is great if you have a good amp.a 40 or 50 watt X 4 deck is not going to run them to there potential.you would be lucky to see 20 real ussable watts out of them.

Woodmister

Like diamond said, if your looking to buy the most powerful speaker known to man, and your only using that deck that puts out 25x4RMS then its quite pointless...

goshoryuken

Well for right now . . I'm buying an Alpine mp3 deck . . I think the CDA-9811 should be fine, and then plan on adding a cd changer . . the Alpine CHA-S634, and I want to put some nice 4x6's in the factory slot .. since right now I have nothing. I was planning on putting the infinity kappas there but you guys said the mb quarts are better since they have higher RMS .. but I haven't even found the model or the speakers your talking about . . that's if you were talking about 4x6's. I am planning on getting an amp (somewhere over 1000 watts) later on, maybe in a month or two . . but for now . . I'm gonna need a hot regular set up so I can listen to something on my way to work . . and also something that is performance wise up to standards when I decide to add the amp, subs, and all the other stuff in there later on . .. . . and if the head unit is 25x4 rms . . most of them are like that . . the solution is to use an amp right? Since I haven't seen any head units that go beyond that, unless you guys have . .if so . .please enlighten me.

-GoShoryuken

goshoryuken

PS - Lanzar 4x6's . . 110 rms 220 peak . . they're pretty cheap . . what u think? good or garbage? I haven't heard of the company before . . so lemme know ur input

Touchdown038
Car: Computers, cars, sports

Never heard of that company either.... where are you buying them from? If you get a chance, you should listen to them before you buy them (obviously) so you can tell if they sound like what you want. You'll probably wanna stick with a well-known brand though. Name brands are well-known for a reason.

You're not talking about getting a 1000+ watt amp for your 4x6's, are you? Cuz that would be just a LITTLE overkill for those speakers. You could run it, you'd just have to keep the gain down near the minimum, lol. It would be awesome for a sub though.

Woodmister

The quarts are only better because they can handle the wattage, and are aclaimed for their sound. If your looking for a good deal, go with the Audiobahn. If you want good quality sound go w/ the mbquarts or kappas. Either way, an amp is always sugguested.

Look @ the efficincy or SPL, the higher the number the better. The higher efficincy means it takes less wattage to get them to sound good.

Lanzar isnt known for their speakers, maby their subs and amps, but thats not the right way to go. Like I said, if you want a good deal, go Audiobahn...

InstantRice

but as far as crisp and clear speakers go audiobahn just are outclassed by everything. They may be a good deal price wise but ....they suck. Its like saying pyramids are a good deal on subs. They may be 20 dollars a sub but they suck. Theres no other way to say it. I think he would be better going kappas/mb quarts because ultimately he will be unhappy with the audiobahns. He will probably dish out more money buying the audiobahns in the long run.... GO SIXERS!

scruf1986

Another thing to look at is the frequency range. I don't know about you but in my 240 I see the 4x6 speakers as treble and I let the subs do the rest. That is how I feel the car was designed. So I would look for something that can handle the high power. I would go for components. I would also go for the silk tweeter because I think titanium(I don't know how to spell) is just too harsh in sound.

goshoryuken

You guys are still not answering my question .. I WANT to buy the mb quarts . . if someone would just tell me which model # is for their 46's . .cause I haven't seen any 4x6's from MB Quart that are 125rms . .I have seen the audiobahn which have 80rms, but I dont want those . .it's either the kappas at $90 a pair, or the mb qurts . . which no one still wants to tell me the model number . .cause I've looked around and can't find them, unless they were speaking of a component system, but then . .that would mean I have to do some custom work to fit them .. right? PLEASE!!!!!! The model number!! or a link!!

here's what i've definately figuredno audiobahnsmaybe infinity kappasprefer mb quarts

if u guys are saying that the head unit doesn't really make a difference . . if you have an amp . . then should I just save my money and get a cheaper head unit by alpine instead of getting one that's like $400 or more?

thnx

scruf1986

I can't find the mb quarts. I don't know what speakers wood is talking about. I wish I knew. But if you got componet its not that much work to mount them.

Woodmister

When I said "Heres some --> http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/mb_quart.html" I didnt know if they were there (meaning the 125watt ones), I just showed some mbquart speakers. The 125 watt ones might be the 2003 or 04 model, not realsed yea, idk?...

goshoryuken

ahaaaalllrriiiigghttty then .. I guess it's decided. I'm going to get the Infinity Kappas . . unless someone here has something to say that will change my mind. Speak now or forever hold your peace. Actually . . I might get some 6.5's and custom install them in the 4x6 slot . . shouldn't be that much hard work . . which 6.5's should I get then?

goshoryuken

UNLESS of course . . there's another size out there that I can custom fit inside that lil 4x6 slot that you guys are aware of . . . by some chance .. eh?? maybe 6x9's? hehe . . trying to make this car sound really good .. . and we're starting out with the head unit and full range speakers for now . . with the intent to eventually hook as many as 6 subs, and 4 amps, capacitors, performance wires, sound deadening everywhere . .., neon lights, custom sub boxes, and dvd and ps2 somewhere. I dont need xbox or gcube . .since i love ps2.

u guys give good advice and ideas . . but no definates . . like a model number and if that's what i should go with ..

scruf1986

get the 6.5 mb quarts. QM218.61Q. Gotta love that german engineering. What head unit are you getting?

goshoryuken

Okay, so I'm gonna get me those mb quarts in a few minutes, I'm only going to order one pair for now to see how they sound when I get them . . and to see if they will fit in the rear hatch stock slot . . .cause that might be a lil difficult. But I know they will fit in the front if I do some work, so for now, I'll get a pair of those. As for headunits . .I'm all confused, cause if I think about it . .once I have a really good amp .. the power of the head unit wont really matter will it? but it will matter what sources it can read. Well . . . I was thinking of these head units so far

sony cdx-mp40pioneer 740mp . . .NOT 7400, dont worry, LOLan alpine mp3 head unit . . less than $300

well, let me know guys . . .. . and if anyone can get the model numbre of that new 1800 watt amp that alpine released . . please let me know

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”