Infiniti SUV

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
BB Turbo
Car: 2007 Nissan Titan KC, 1992 Nissan 240sx Coupe

I probably shoulda been more informed before making this thread, but the new Infiniti SUV is smokin. I mean D A M N!, That suv is off the hook. It just looks fast and with 315 hp i bet it is, lots of room. Someone inform though, i love it.

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

CHECK IT

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....12709http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....12283http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....12047http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....11945

MaineExport
Car: Quad racing, import cars and Trucks. Hunting, fishing whatever.

The interior looks super-sweet..... but the outside looks like tird. Sort of reminds me of an over-grown Focus..... FUGLY! In terms of off-road capability.... not a chance, IFS, no ground clearance, no wheel travel.... not impressed. This is totally an SUV for the purpose of being a trendy SUV.... I see the 'sport' but not the 'utility'. It would be stranded off-road, and lacks any 'utility' cargo capacity. Great vehicle for tooling around the streets, or occasional dirt road. This is the type of SUV that gives REAL truck and SUV users a bad name. I wouldn't drive it if it was given to me.... I'd sell it and buy a Land Rover!!!!

Mayhem_J30

WOW Maine, you're the first I've heard to complain about the exterior styling. I think it's pure pimp

as far as giving the other SUV's a bad name, it's not really a SUV. It's one of those cross-over things. You want an off road vehicle get the Qx4. Also cargo space has been one of their recent marketing techniques. Did I mention it has the bad *** 4.5 in it.

MaineExport

The QX4 is a sweet truck in every way. This new one is just not my style I guess. I'm sure it hauls a$$ quite nicely. It's small and has gobs of power.... but it lacks functionality beyond being a sporty luxury ride.

Tino
Car: Raising Hell

I'm with mimp, its an overgrown funky stationwagon. but i like the front end.

sultan

front is much better than that ugly murano, tail lights look better, too.

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

I love it!That 4.5 makes it all the better.:D

MaineExport

Tino wrote:I'm with mimp, its an overgrown funky stationwagon. but i like the front end.

mimp?!!! That's a new one, Valentino..... but since you agreed with me I'll let it slide.;)

yashin
Car: football, rugby

i think the exterior of the car looks pretty damn nice

sure the FX45 is not really the type of SUV that u take off-roadingbut come on, think about it the people who have that much money to spend on a car, usually don't go off road anyways

so what's the point of giving it serious offroad capabilities if nobody is going to use it

MaineExport

yashin wrote:but come on, think about it the people who have that much money to spend on a car, usually don't go off road anyways

I beg to differ. My brother has a 2000 (I think) Land Rover Discovery.... and it sees just as much time off-road as it does on-road. He is part of a Rover club that has some extremely wealthy members who's rides are worth $50,000+.... some of the more modified rigs have close to $100,000 dumped into them before they are done. One of the most extreme off-road (and still street legal) vehicles in the world is the Scorpion MK-I... its price tag starts at $150,000..... only rich people buy them.

These rich bastards LOVE to smack their trucks around. But I agree with your point... no off-road enthusiast would buy one of these cars... er, uh I mean trucks (barely).... rich or otherwise.

yashin
Car: football, rugby

yeah, my bro works at a bmw dealership in torontohe says he's never ever seen anybody by an X5 who has wanted it for offroadingthey don't ask anything about offroading stuff, like 4wd or traction control, all they wanna now is if it has seat warmers and how many cd's the player holds

hell if i had a $80 000 (canadian) suv i probalby wouldn't be off roading etither i'd get a Xterra for that

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

mimp - That's funny as hell. :D

I'm liking the "new and improved" Tino.

Mayhem_J30

maineimport wrote:I beg to differ. My brother has a 2000 (I think) Land Rover Discovery.... and it sees just as much time off-road as it does on-road. He is part of a Rover club that has some extremely wealthy members who's rides are worth $50,000+.... some of the more modified rigs have close to $100,000 dumped into them before they are done. One of the most extreme off-road (and still street legal) vehicles in the world is the Scorpion MK-I... its price tag starts at $150,000..... only rich people buy them.

These rich bastards LOVE to smack their trucks around. But I agree with your point... no off-road enthusiast would buy one of these cars... er, uh I mean trucks (barely).... rich or otherwise.

See that's the difference between people who buy the X5 and a Land Rover. The Land Rover owners are probably more utility oriented and KNOW that if they're going off roading they'll need a good vehicle. Point is..I think LR owners intend to go off road.

lessthanjakejohn

I think that some people buy Land Rovers to do some serious offroading damage and the others buy them to be trendy. Just today I noticed about 5 landrovers driven by moms in the parking lot. They don't make good city cars. They aren't that comfortable.

MaineExport

lessthanjakejohn wrote:I think that some people buy Land Rovers to do some serious offroading damage and the others buy them to be trendy. Just today I noticed about 5 landrovers driven by moms in the parking lot. They don't make good city cars. They aren't that comfortable.

The back seats are cramped.... but the front seats are the s***. They also have LOADS of cargo room. Off-roading them is a blast. I'm used to bare bones Jeeps and trucks like mine, with no frills and stripped interiors. Then you jump into a land Rover or Range Rover, and it's time for muddin' in luxury! Leather seats and an interior like a BMW.... but all bad-a$$ machine underneath.

PowerPuff
Car: German cars, sports, music, movies

Mayhem_J30 wrote:
as far as giving the other SUV's a bad name, it's not really a SUV. It's one of those cross-over things. You want an off road vehicle get the Qx4. \
"Car-based SUV"

I went to the dealer last night where I bought my Q last year to visit my salesguy and was talking with another employee there, and that is what he used to describe it. Then he told me "it's the new wave of the future. People want performance, and have utility if they need it." Bunch of BS I tell you, it made me sick. What's worse is they are discontinuing the QX4 for the damn FX!!!

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

How many seats are in the FX?It looked like just 4 buckets and the back 2 fold down flat for cargo room.Or is there room between the 2 in the back for a 5th person?:confused:

FXNsoon

There's no comparison between the land rovers and the FX's. They're built for two different purposes. One's for sport driving, having extra space to carry stuff and limited off road adventure. The land rovers are purely off roaders with luxury for on-road cruising. The FX is the new trend in Sport Activity Vehicles as coined by BMW. Trust me, its good at what is does. Providing that sport car feeling while having the family in the back with you.

FXNsoon

Check out what Black FX45 said in another thread:

Coming from a '97 Range Rover, the FX45 is a dramatic change. The FX45 has incredible low-end torque, and handles beautifully. Despite what Car & Driver and other trade magazines have written about the "Rough Ride" and "feeling every zit on the pavement", the ride of the FX45 is remarkable good! It has a firm yet forgiving ride. Smooth over normal bumps, with no excessive jarring or rattling.

It's a totally different ride than the Range Rover, which was big, bulky, top heavy, and rattled like crazy! The suspension of the FX45 feels more like a BMW 5 Series with the Sport Suspension (not as tight as an M5!).

RickP

Infiniti did the right thing; Most people buy SUV's for the high seating position (better visibility), AWD traction for inclement weather and snow, macho appearance; perceived safety benefits, and down at the bottom of the list is utility and way way down is off-roading ability. You can buy a Jeep Rubicon for macho off-roading for a much lower price. Why crap-up a nice vehicle by taking it off-road? Who is going to take the new Porsche Cayenne off-road?

RICOIS300

The whole offroading thing isn't an issue with the FX. It is made to be a bad *** on road SUV like the X5. The overall numbers of SUV's that are sold each year and probably less than 1% ever see anything rougher than a dirt driveway. A benz ML320 might be able to go offroad, but I doubt anyone's taking their ML55 off road. It's setup for a different purpose.The FX is about on road. The tight suspension setup. the 20" rims, ground clearance.All these people that are complaining about the offroad stuff are picking at things that this model wasn't even aimed at.Go buy a cheap *** Jeep.

RickP

Yeah, I agree! Why try and make a vehicle be great at everything (on-road and off-road); you will ineveitably have to make compromises. Look at how heavy and expensive the new Cayenne is going to be and what terrible gas mileage! I can imagine the repair costs when the warranty expires!

tiborttt
Car: SKIING/BIKING

What the heck is a sport utility anyway? I've had a black with black/brick Tech FX45 for a month and it's great. It's quick and deceptively fast. It handles like a sport sedan and stops like a Porsche. I only have one wife and one kid (no dog) so I didn't need or want an oversized tiltmobile. This fits what I need and gets me to the beach or the slopes in safety and comfort. I hate the desert and don't give a rat's *** if it doesn't have the clearance or ability to do the Rubicon.I've got a little roadster and a TL1000R when I want to go a little psycho, but when it's family car time, the FX45 is hard to beat. So please by all means take your SUVs and go get some heatstroke in the dirt, and stop griping about the 1% that this monster can't do.

Return to “Murano Forum”