Infiniti service?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
m45consult

We are considering the m45 vs IS 350. We have had 3 Lexus cars and have enjoyed the service department when (very limited) we needed service. Never had problems with service.How does Infiniti service stack up?

I would never go back to BMW!!

Scott in Houston
Car: M35 Sport, 996 Twin Turbo, Ford Explorer

My limited experience w/ the service has been great!

The IS350 is tiny compared to the M. Shouldn't you cross-shop the GS?

The back seats of the IS are virtually non-existant, but other than that, I love the IS.

If I didn't need the space, I'd take the IS and save $12K or so. If you need more space, get the M over the GS any day.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

I cannot compare it to Lexus, since I do not have any experience with them.

However, on its own, Infiniti has succeeded in being among the best, if not THE best, for service! They have won the J.D. Power recognitition for this several times.

Z

m45consult

Scott in Houston wrote:My limited experience w/ the service has been great!

The IS350 is tiny compared to the M. Shouldn't you cross-shop the GS?

The back seats of the IS are virtually non-existant, but other than that, I love the IS.

If I didn't need the space, I'd take the IS and save $12K or so. If you need more space, get the M over the GS any day.
The GS does not have the electronics that new IS has.

GSEREP1
Car: LEXUS GS400

You are right that the 06 GS does not have the level of electronics that the 06 IS does, but the 07 GS WILL have it. Infiniti already has it for 06, but the 07 Lexus GS promises to have the same sophistication the IS does. Since the IS250 and 350 are the newest vehicles introduced by Lexus this year, they are equivalent to the newest offerings of Infiniti. It should be really interesting next year.

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

m45consult wrote:I would never go back to BMW!!
This is not related to your question, but kinda funny BMW story none the less!

Our BMW dealer is pretty cool here, they tend to push the cars to the extreme and whip you around in them as if you were a rag doll; then they let you drive...

A guy I worked with, took a new BMW out for a drive and the sales guy was in the back seat telling him to go faster, the car could handle it. The driver was a little concerned, but started to get into the "BMW" way of driving and ending up doing one of the cloverleaf exists at 80+ km/h... since it snows here they put gravel down on the roads - and when the snow melts, the gravel - well lets just say when doing a very tight 270 degree turn at 80kph, the BMW stability controll was only helpfull enough to straighten the car out enough hit the lamp post at 80kph...

The car was a write off, 45k or so for the car. It hit the post, and then rolled a few times.

The passanges (3 of them) were okay, car was gone! The driver got a chemical burn on his legs from the airbags! (I guess this is a safe car in a serios roll over accident!)

BMW never ended up charging him for the car, but the police had some fun handing out violations that day!

tk

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

GSEREP1 wrote: It should be really interesting next year.
The 2007 G35 should help that statement be true. Then their will be the GS vs. M and the IS vs. G35. Should be more of an even battle with the latest and greatest tech and options.

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

I am from the east coast, Philly area. I have owned a GS300 and found the Lexus service people to be really good as a rule. They did some "wacked stuff" over the course of two years, like call to tell me my car was finished, only for me to show up and inform them that no one ever moved my car from where I left it the night before. That aside, I rate Lexus pretty good. >> 7 out of 10

As far as my Infiniti experience, as I have had the car for four months, I like the folks a lot. The dealer is Infiniti of Ardmore. >> a 8.5 out of 10

Lastly, I had a 5-series BMW and I did NOT like thier service group over the four years I had the car. >> 2 out of 10

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”