Infiniti QX70 Ltd - Gear Issue?

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Sportsgal101
Car: Infiniti QX70 Ltd

2017 model with only 3900 Km's on it. It was left in an unheated parkade for 10 days. First 5 days warmer temps but last 5 days dipped to around -20 at night. It started right up, waited 5 minutes and put in reverse and that worked too. However when I tried to put in drive, it locked up. Would NOT go into any gear. Tried turning vehicle off and on many times. Only after running for 1.5 hours would it allow me to put in gear. I live in Canada so obviously this is an issue and I need to feel confident that vehicle will work after few days in cold weather. Any one else have this issue? Dealership said, everything checked out pefect but that this has happened before on these vehicles?? If that's the case, its going back as I need reliable.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I'm editing your thread title to be more concise and also moving this to the correct forum (you posted in the Q70 forum).

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

BTW, next time this happens record video of it and then drop the car off at the dealer with the video and tell them not to call you again until it's been fixed and parts have been swapped. If they don't play ball, call Infiniti Canada and start that process. If not, then it should definitely fall under 'lemon law' or whatever Canada's equivalent is.

armybrat
Car: 2012 M56x with Tech Package (sold)
Custom 2-1/2" X-pipe exhaust with OEM sport mufflers
HPS intake hoses
Uprev tune

Hey it could be something with the brake pedal. These transmissions are designed so that the brake pedal must be depressed whenever you change gears. Also the shift lever button must be depressed...could be an issue with either of these two parts.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”