Infiniti Q50 auto lock doors

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
AFUK
Car: Infiniti Q50 red sport

I've recently purchased an Infiniti Q50 red sport (UK spec), the manual says the doors lock automatically at 15 MPH, but mine doesn't. I've found an old tread that says turn to 'on' and within 20 seconds hold lock button down for 5 seconds; but this doesn't work either. Has anyone got a idea how to enable auto lock, or doesn't the UK spec car auto lock at 15MPH?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

You didn't specify the model year of your car (yes, this can make a difference). One would assume that this feature would be universally standard. Did the hazard indicator flash twice when you attempted this?

According to these instructions, if you disable the autolock feature and manually lock your doors, the locks will not automatically unlock when the ignition switch is placed in the OFF position.
Section 3-5

All doors lock automatically when the vehicle speed reaches 15 MPH (24 km/h).

All doors unlock automatically when the ignition switch is placed in the OFF position.
The automatic unlock function can be deactivated or activated. To deactivate or activate the automatic door unlock system, perform the following procedure:

1. Close all doors.
  2. Place the ignition switch in the ON position.
  3. Within 20 seconds of performing Step 2, push and hold the power door lock switch to the position (UNLOCK) for more than 5 seconds.
  4. When activated, the hazard indicator will flash twice. When deactivated, the hazard indicator will flash once.
  5. The ignition switch must be placed in the OFF and ON position again between each setting change.
When the automatic door unlock system is deactivated, the doors do not unlock when the ignition switch is placed in the OFF position. To unlock the door manually, use the inside lock knob or the power door lock switch (driver’s or front passenger’s side).

The automatic door unlock function can be changed on the lower display. (See the Infiniti InTouch Owner’s Manual.)

Also in section 8-22 of the In-Touch manual.

AFUK

Its a 2018 Q50 red sport. I've tried the process you describe, but it didn't work, there was no indicator flash at all.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Wish I had a better answer for you, but that's all I've been able to find.

AFUK

Thanks anyway, the dealer can't give me anything more either. The process you explain worked on my Q70, but the Q60 and Q50 seem not to except it, maybe the doors locking at 15MPH was an option not included. Not the end of the world though, still love the car anyway. Pity Infiniti pulling out of Europe, probably have to go back to BMW or Audi next time round.

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

Above it also indicates that it can be controlled from the lower screen. I found this in the manual:

On the lower screen select MENU, then select SETTINGS, then select VEHICLE, then select AUTO LOCK to set the AUTO LOCK settings.

Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

The above post is correct. You have to activate it from the lower screen within the settings menu.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”