Infiniti Q50/60 Motorsport exhaust sound clips

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
rmyAddison
Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport

Infiniti apparently knows Q50/60 owners are not happy with too quiet stock exhausts, and have released an Infiniti branded Motorsport axelback exhaust, either with/without muffler. I had the muffler version (straight pipes droned way too much) installed a few weeks ago on my '16 Q50 Red Sport.

Was going to post a video but found this Infiniti Soundcloud promo so I'll let them do the work.

Got tired of waiting for Stillen postponing over and over, the Motorsport is axelback only, and no horsepower increase, but the car is plenty fast for my needs and all I wanted was a throat that sounded like 400 hp.

Note- there are a lot of different samples, even after the tracking bar reaches the end, let it run if you want to hear more..................

https://soundcloud.com/infinitinews/inf ... rt-exhaust

rmyAddison

I believe I spelled sound wrong, and way to edit a thread title?

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Gotcha covered!

rmyAddison

Thanks.

After having the Motorsport axelback about a month I am satisfied. Not a racer or tuner, don't need more horsepower. The car already overwhelms the crappy Dunlops, they need to go once I get some value out of them.

ric_mtl
Car: Infiniti Q50 Red Sport AWD 2016

Hi,

you just replace your original muffler with the ''MotorSport Exhaust Kit - Q50'' and kept the rest of the original exhaust line ?

https://parts.infinitiusa.com/nissanpar ... logID=2371

Since you installed it have you notice any drone or vibration from inside the cabin while you cruise ?

I just read some bad reviews about this OEM exhaust on a different forum, so it kind of changed my mind about getting this axleback, but on the otherhand I don't really want to spend that extra money to get more performance with a catback exhaust from Stillen or Fast Intentions...

Like you I'm just looking to get a little more agressive sound, I'm actually really missing the sound of the VQ35 from my G35 coupe 2006 :frown: into my Q50 Red Sport 2016...

rmyAddison

ric_mtl wrote:Hi,

you just replace your original muffler with the ''MotorSport Exhaust Kit - Q50'' and kept the rest of the original exhaust line ?

https://parts.infinitiusa.com/nissanpar ... logID=2371

Since you installed it have you notice any drone or vibration from inside the cabin while you cruise ?

I just read some bad reviews about this OEM exhaust on a different forum, so it kind of changed my mind about getting this axleback, but on the otherhand I don't really want to spend that extra money to get more performance with a catback exhaust from Stillen or Fast Intentions...

Like you I'm just looking to get a little more agressive sound, I'm actually really missing the sound of the VQ35 from my G35 coupe 2006 :frown: into my Q50 Red Sport 2016...
I had a 2012 G37 IPL, it had a great exhaust.........

My dealer is installing a lot of these sport axelback exhausts on Red Sports (says they sell better). I drove both the straight pipes and muffler versions, the straight pipes are LOUD and I did feel cabin vibration, plus there is drone even with cruise control. The muffler versions are plenty loud to me, you hear the car if it's next to you, growls pretty good under acceleration, but there is no cabin vibration or highway drone.

The Motorsport w/muffler was $800 installed, the Stillen Catback (which still isn't released) was over $2K installed, it does offer 35hp increase, I'm not a racer.

I did turn off the pumped in sound (from the service menu). Stock I didn't mind the sound, it needed it the exhaust was so quiet, but it was annoying with the Motorsport and I left it off.

The engine is wonderful, I was getting 11mpg with my IPL, hard city driving, not much highway. I'm getting 15-16 with my RS400, same brisk city driving, haven't taken any trips yet to see highway mileage.

If someone just wants more growl I would recommend the Infiniti Motorsport axelback w/mufflers. If you want to hear it a block away like a muffler delete muscle car, the straight pipes are certainly loud and mean............. ;)

ric_mtl
Car: Infiniti Q50 Red Sport AWD 2016

Cool, that I hear good feedback about Motorsport w/muffler :)

It's a bit weird as the dealers here in Canada don't offer this optional exhaust, but they do offer the Stillen catback which has finally been released...

Thanks, now that I need it, I will have to go shop south of the border in order to get it :)

toddtwigg
Car: 2009 G37X
2014 QX60
2017 Q60 RS

Hi, sorry for the dumb question. How do you turn off the pumped in sound from the service menu?

Thanks

toddtwigg
Car: 2009 G37X
2014 QX60
2017 Q60 RS

Never mind. I found a you tube clip for turning off the ASC. Thanks anyway

rmyAddison

No problem. Before I got the sport exhaust it needed the pumped in sound, now with the Motorsport (with muffler, not straight pipe version) there is plenty of cabin noise, but it's reasonable cruising, but with a nice growl under acceleration.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”