Infiniti Q50 2.2D -- Manual to Automatic Sport Seats Swap

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
augustinn_13
Car: ???? Infiniti Q50 Premium 2.2D

Hey everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm looking at taking on a little project with my ride, a 2016 Infiniti Q50 2.2D RHD, and I was hoping to get some insight from the experts around here.

I've been considering swapping out my manual cloth seats for some sleek automatic sport seats. But, as exciting as it sounds, I'm not entirely sure about the details of what's involved in this process.

I've come across an old post by "whitewolf" that mentioned a similar swap, but unfortunately, he didn't update if he was successful or not in the end. He said everything was connected but it still didn't work for him.

Now, I'm wondering whether there were some hidden complexities, or if the issue was just specific to his situation? Is there some coding needed, or could there be compatibility issues between the seats and my car's model? Any unique wiring requirements, or any other hurdles I should expect?

I'm sure there are some savvy members on this forum who have a bit more experience in this area and could shed some light on this. If you've done this swap before or you're knowledgeable about the process, I'd appreciate your thoughts and advice.

I'm all ears and ready to learn. And to sweeten the deal, the first round of beers is on me once I get this sorted out! Thank you in advance for your help.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

It's almost certain your ride won't have the correct wires to support the seats, so you'll be doing a whole lot of splicing, routing, and harness construction. The first thing you need to do is get seats that 1) you know the VIN for the car they came from, and 2) have pigtails for the seat connectors. This will not be an inconsequential undertaking.
;)

augustinn_13

ok, does it need any coding and reprogramming? do i need the doorcards and modules for the memory seats? Do I also need the electronic steering adjuster? Thanks in advance, you are already creating a lot of value for me!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Yes, there's a separate memory (ADP) controller on all the Infiniti memory seats I know about. It's not strictly necessary, the seat controller has its own brains and is actually in charge of the memory module. So the seats themselves will usually work fine in isolation if simply wired to battery, ignition and ground.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

PS - To install the full-blown memory setup you'll also need a new steering column, outside mirrors, extra wiring to the doors and column, maybe a new pedal bracket with a motor. That would be a real monster, so I presume you're not going there.

augustinn_13

VStar650CL wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:41 am
PS - To install the full-blown memory setup you'll also need a new steering column, outside mirrors, extra wiring to the doors and column, maybe a new pedal bracket with a motor. That would be a real monster, so I presume you're not going there.
hey VStar650CL. So I am about to pull the trigger on the interior, he has the whole blown setup as well, but as you mentioned, I dont think I need to go that far as to do the real monster? So as I understand from another post that you were also involved in regarding the same issue, doing it the OEM way is quite difficult, but what would involve in just connecting it to the battery? The plugs are the same as far as i understand, so what do I actually connect to the battery? Which wires? Also if I would DIY it and just hook it to the battery, would I be hooking the modules to the battery along with a fuse, or how would it work? And also I assume my heated seats won't work? I do have the tesla screen so i have the buttons there technically for the heated seats. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Beers on me!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Just to get the seat functions working, you should just need battery and ignition power for the Seat Controller similar to that other gentleman. If you don't have the pinouts I can get them for you, but I'll need exact info about the seat donor (preferably a VIN).

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”